1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Beautiful Widget: Can I use the clock only?

Last Updated:

1. RipRapRob

RipRapRob New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there

Considering buying Beautiful Widgets, just for the clock

(the small clock here on the right:) [​IMG]

But I don't want to buy it, if you can't use the clock without the weather-part.

Beautiful Widgets has been downloaded so many times, one of you must have it and be able to answer my question :eek:

Alternatively, is there another clock only widget, that uses the same font?

Thanks in advance for your help :D

Advertisement
  2. sooper_droid12

sooper_droid12 Well-Known Member

There is a weather skin and a settings option that allows you to hide the weather portion (so two ways to do it). What I want is to be able to hide everything but the time, or at least change the font since I think it's gross. Hope that helps. Totally worth it too. The other app WeatherWidget is basically a rip off and he even stole some of the skins from Beautiful Widget to compete.

3. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

I just tried hiding the weather icon. It removes the little sun/moon/cloud picture but still leaves the temperature readings there. The date and location are still there too. Font color for all text except the clock is user-selectable, so maybe you could change it to the same color as your wallpaper.

4. NexuSix

NexuSix Well-Known Member

After buying and using 'Beautiful Widget' for about 6 months I uninstalled it, primarily because both weather forecast options (AccuWeather and Google) are inaccurate and unreliable in my area.

This makes 'Beautiful Widget' pretty much useless.

For clocks I enjoy "Animated Analog Clock", "Clock Droid Pro", and "Tajm" better then what Beautiful Widgets has to offer.

For Weather I have set a quick launch from my "LauncherPro Plus" dock for the "Weather Underground Mobile" page for my area, I also use "Weather Bug Elite".

here are some screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Phienyx

Phienyx Well-Known Member

My question woiuld be: Does the weather still run in the background (eating up memory/battery) if it is "disabled"? Or is it actually disabled and does not run at all. I'd like to run a clock widget ONLY from BW and use another Weather app, but I do not want two weather apps running simultaneously.

6. Malonies

Malonies Banned

Where exactly is the settings option to turn the weather off?