Beautiful Widgets 3.0!!!!!!General

Last Updated:

1. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The beautiful widgets update they've been working on since May just came out, and it includes weather animation when you unlock your lock screen, for those who liked that HTC Sense feature but switched to a different launcher.

It looks really nice.

Advertisement
  2. XDaydreamerX11

XDaydreamerX11 Well-Known Member

In addition to this awesome post: Would anyone know where I could find some cool looking Skins/Setups that I could look at the pictures, and then copy the settings?

3. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Doesnt recognize the internal 8gb as storage. FTL

4. Bug Splat

Bug Splat Well-Known Member

Cool, updating now. Yes I splurged and dropped the whole $2. Come on guys, support the android community. ;)

5. Bug Splat

Very nice! Lots of new features including weather animation after unlock just like Sense.

6. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Nice I had dropped Beautiful widgets so I redownloaded and am liking it so far.

7. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

I've had it since May on this device.

Nice thing they updated is a 5 day weather forecast instead of the crummy 3 day forecast! :)

They also switched to Accuweather for updates.

They also added "RealFeel" i.e. Feels like - .

Few other nice things too.

Good update.

8. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

Didn't even know. looked in my downloads and seen it. thanks.

9. Alpine///M

Alpine///M Active Member

Been having problems with it FC on me with the opening effect or when I tap on the weather....should I uninstall and re install it again?

10. Thornfullessrose

I had that problem just now. It fc'd when i applied the unlock animation so i turned it off. I dont miss it that much.

11. Bundy

Bundy Well-Known Member

Excuse my ignorance and laziness, but what does it offer that Sense doesn't? From the sound of this post, people are excited about an app that is trying to catch up to Sense (but are having problems).

WizeGuyDezignz likes this.
  12. Asterdroid

Download it again guys. They fixed the FC issue already. 3.0.1 is in the market.

I also noticed that the geolocater is much more accurate now. It used to list me as being in the town next to me rather than where I actually am. And this is using towers. No GPS enabled.

appleaj likes this.
  13. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

now that is has weather effects i will try again :) great update

14. Asterdroid

You can see the skins before downloading them within the BW settings, but I don't know of a place where you can copy/paste the settings. Sorry :confused:

15. Thornfullessrose

When I tried, I was on 3.01.

16. Asterdroid

Only thing I can think of is make sure you have the application associations set up correctly in the BW settings.

If there is no application set to open when you tap a certain region of the widget, or if it's an app without a UI, it will cause a force close.

Unlike the older version, it doesn't appear as though there are default applications associated with tapping weather, clock, and date.

17. wayrad

wayrad Well-Known Member

It's way the heck more configurable than the Sense weather/clock widget

18. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

I'm not going to lie, I bought it because I like the condensed clock + weather widget that only takes up one row and looks similar to the main Sense one. But there are some other widgets worth checking out, and tons of skins for them. It's really just another set of widgets. I feel like it was worth the "~$1.92".

19. teufeltexan

teufeltexan Well-Known Member

Great update! Also allows you to have different skins on different homescreens!

(The old version applied the skin to every clock I had installed on various homescreens - this is an excellent feature...)

Also added buttons to skin both weather and clock to the menu (saves having to go into config to skin weather).

Very slick!

20. Asterdroid

Basically, the only thing it DIDN'T have that Sense did have was the weather animation, which is does now. As far as what it does have that the sense lock doesn't have, well....

1. Multiple size widgets
    2. Widget Skins
    3. Can configure which apps to launch when you tap different areas
    4. Includes other widgets as well, not just the clock/weather

As far as Sense in general goes, a lot of people (myself included) hate the lack of customization of the Sense launcher, and choose to use a replacement launcher like LauncherPro or ADW.Launcher instead. There are many benefits to this from a customization standpoint. The only drawback is that you can't use the HTC Sense specific widgets, and in the case of the clock/weather widget, Beautiful Widgets now offers a BETTER option than the stock Sense widget. Plus, as of this update, as I mentioned, it is no longer missing ANY of the features of the Sense clock/weather widget.

21. Bug Splat

This is exactly why I bought it. I wanted clock, weather, date, temp all in one without taking up half the damn screen like Sense. Looks great with all the functions i need and it only takes up one row.

22. Ovreagr

Ovreagr Well-Known Member

I like the addition of the weather animation, but they don't look as good as the stock HTC ones and seem to be slower/choppier too. They did say it was still "experimental" though, right?

23. TeddyHeisman

TeddyHeisman Well-Known Member

EDIT: nvm I see that the update is there :)

24. HolyGrail

HolyGrail Well-Known Member

Damn...........HTC Weather uses Accuweather. :confused: I stop using HTC Weather because of this reason. It would be 11:00 pm but HTC Weather would show it still sunny out, while the clock clearly shows 11:00 PM.

I hope there will be a option to allow it to run back with the Google service if this ends up doing the same issue.

25. Asterdroid

I don't think the problem is accuweather itself. I think it's the update frequency. It doesn't update more than once every couple hours unless you configure it to do so.

Also, not sure if you noticed this, but Accuweather finally released their long anticipated new and improved apps for Android.