• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beautiful Widgets 3.0!!!!!!

I also was having a problem with the clock and the new 3.02 version. I uninstalled the program completely and then downloaded it again from the market; not app brain. Now the clock works perfectly.

EDIT: OK my problem happened again also. I use Widget Locker and Launcher Pro. This morning my Widget Locker clock was not "keeping up". After I uninstalled and reinstalled, now the Widget Locker clock is working and the Launcher Pro (Home Screen) widget clock is not "keeping up". I wish I had an older version of Beautiful Widgets so I could revert until this gets fixed.

Upvote 0
Does anyone else get a flicker when unlocking the phone? I'm running this on my Droid X, and while the weather and time are accurate, every time I unlock my phone with Animations ENABLED, I get a very brief screen flicker while my home screen goes blank for a fraction of a second.

I have a droid x and I get the same flicker you are talking about.

Upvote 0
So, like others have said, This 3.0 version is FANTASTIC.. but I dont think i'll be able to use it because for some reason it is eating my battery alive....BAD! Like, 100% battery to 82% batter in under 2 hrs while the phone sat on my desk bad.

Updating to 3.0 was the only thing that I changed, so thats the variable. And I removed the home widget with weather (the one I use) and recharged back to 100% and used the stock HTC clock with weather and after the same 2hrs, the battery only went to 94%, and this time I recieved a few emails and did some light web browsing.

Im hoping its something simple to fix this, because I simply LOVE the widget...

Heres my setup and settings
HTC Evo
Beautiful Home Weather
Geolocation on/GPS off
Update interval - 2hrs
Unlock animations - off

Upvote 0
i just downloaded this pretty much just for the live weather wallpaper. I had the clock/weather widget, but I hate having a clock on my home screen--I wear a watch, and the time is up in the corner, I need that space for other stuff! So, I kept my Weather Channel Widget on the screen and am just using the live weather wallpaper.

However, when I first unlock, the home screen icons are slow to respond. I'm 20 minutes in...I will give this a shot and see what happens.

Upvote 0
Still having issues here but have done some trial & error reconfiguring and have some info to share.

Issue (for me) appears to be related to the smaller home w/weather. It consistently fails to update the time. However, I just found that if I put a "full size" home w/weather on ONE screen, all the others stay in sync. This is not acceptable but it's a viable workaround for now until issue is solved by the developer.

I'd really, really like a copy of the pre-3.0 APK though, c'mon, Dev...help us out here!

-kj-

Upvote 0
Thanks, 34.50 (may I call you 34? Or should it be 35?)

Uninstall / reinstall appears to have fixed it. Instructions said remove, I thought that meant just the widget. :)

-kj-
No problem, glad it worked for you. You can call me 34, 34.50, or 35 lol.

I also understood it as remove the widget then re-add it to the screen. I just got frustrated and decided to uninstall/then reinstall, and glad it worked out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones