Beautiful Widgets and weather animations?Support

Last Updated:

1. veccster

veccster Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Why doesn't Beautiful Widgets allow the weather animation on the home screen? The animations show in the 3 day forecast but not on the home screen.

Are there any apps that enable you to change the clock and still enable weather animations? I hate the stock clock.

Advertisement
  2. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member

Ditto.

I really love the Beautiful Widgets home. I miss the weather animation on the home screen though.

When my alarm goes off in the morning, it's cool that when I see the wiper blades as I dismiss it I immediately know not to bother putting my slippers on to the let the dogs out...gotta go straight for the real shoes.

3. jprow507

jprow507 Well-Known Member

I also miss this functionality .... maybe they will add it in an update. Or maybe not as they just released a live wallpaper (beautiful weather but it looks kind of cartoonish) that does the same thing. Is it possible to have the live wallpaper on the home screen only and use different wall papers on other screens?

4. garment69

garment69 Well-Known Member

LOL, thats one of my favorite parts of sense. I hate the clock taking up two rows on my home screen, but I love the weather animations.

5. pman219

pman219 Well-Known Member

The new Beautiful Widgets live wallpaper turns your entire homescreen into a weather animation

6. veccster

Where is the Beautiful Widgets Live wallpaper?

EDIT...nevermind. I found it.

OK, so that changes your whole wallpaper. That's kind of lame - I had a sweet design going on. Not sure I like this but we'll see.

7. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member

its a limitation of stock android. widgets cant be animated. sense alters some of the framework to allow for animations.

The window that pops up in beautiful widgets is really just it opening an app to show you with a transparent background.

8. fish2587

fish2587 Well-Known Member

i've found the beautiful widgets live wallpaper to be pretty darn inaccurate. 5pm and there's a moon on it? i dont think so. tried refreshing and nothin. got rid of it but i'm sure it'll be fixed soon.

9. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

Beautiful widgets weather animation works great on my inc. not sure why it dont for you guys

10. jfunk

jfunk Well-Known Member

It's not that the weather screen you open won't animate, it's that it doesn't have animation on the home screen widget like the HTC Sense widget does.

On the stock Sense home, as soon as you unlock your phone, you see the weather animation right there on the widget, you don't have to open anything.

11. veccster

Correct.

The screen that opens when I tap the BW weather has a fully functioning animation and looks very cool! I want that on my home screen like the HTC Sense widget gives you - without the ugly clock format and lack of customization.

12. mb236

mb236 Well-Known Member

Beautiful wallpaper is nice, but it eats up battery and slows my phone down big time.

13. Liquoredolce

Liquoredolce Well-Known Member

I got beautiful wallpaper and can't get the weather to update. It's currently incredibly cloudy outside, and the wallpaper says sunny. any ideas how to get this updated?

Nevermind, I think I figured it out with the "beautiful home" widget?

14. Liquoredolce

Alright I don't get it. Can someone tell me how to set the wallpaper to work? I can't seem to get them to sync. Every time I click the beautiful home widget it tries to set it as a full page widget, not the wallpaper. When I select "wallpaper program" or whatever it is, it takes me to the market, where I've already installed the program.

Nevermind again, sorry guys, I guess I just had to play around with the setttings for a while. It looks awesome! :)

Just how much does it drain the battery? I bet it's a fair amount, but it just looks so cool!

15. Heelfan71

Heelfan71 Well-Known Member

go to your live wallpapers and it should be there.

16. Liquoredolce

It was, but it wasn't syncing, I had to change some settings to make it sync, as much as I'd love it, it wasn't sunny today, despite what my phone was telling me. Apparently the best weather app is still....a window! :cool:

17. bcurtiss433

bcurtiss433 Member

Where do I find it at?

18. Liquoredolce

go to the market and download 2 things,

Beautiful Widgets (costs $1.83 or so)
    Beautiful Live Weather
    (Both by LevelUp Studio)

19. bcurtiss433

bcurtiss433 Member

Thank you very much.

20. JF-08

JF-08 Member

The BW downloads are extremely slow.

21. Mischka7

Mischka7 Well-Known Member

It used to be extremely slow, now the downloads don't even load anymore.

22. RadYOacTiVe

RadYOacTiVe Well-Known Member

I installed the LWP this morning to go with Beautiful clock/weather small widget. I installed the "none" skin for Beautiful Widgets to eliminate having 2 suns on my screen.

Looks cool. I haven't really noticed any lag with the LWP on my Incredible but I can tell it's not as snappy to scroll between screens.

I'll live with it for now because it does look pretty good.

23. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

this is so weird, I have the beautiful widgets weather thing and it is pouring down outside and lightning and my phone is saying cloudy, but the sun is shining n the grass is green on the wallpaper, lol...1 time I saw the thunder storm live weather on my phone and it was really cool, the lightning was nuts. so my question is, is this normal to not sync up with the weather or am I missing a step? I have the why so serious skin with the realludi weather icon pack, am i missing something?

24. andyandroid81891

andyandroid81891 Well-Known Member

I'm using the BW smaller home with the BW live wallpaper. Have the LETTERS DARK skin too. It's pretty cool.

25. Zehlek

Zehlek New Member

I have Beautiful Live Weather wallpaper and Beautiful Widgets installed. In settings of Beautiful live weather it saYS unlocked for Beautiful widgets but I only get a Sun and clear sky. I have tried with Home and smaller widget on screen also. But the live weather will only show a sun eventhough it is raining and the Beautiful widget shows rain. I laos have tried refreshing and even refreshing the wallpaper.
    When I go to configure for Wallpaper, I have Animate Sun and moon checked, Update on Click checked, Disable Grass unchecked(I even tried checked), CPU HOG Checked, 15 FPS, Unlocked beautiful widgets detected, It still will only have a Sun which is weird.
    For Beautiful Home I have

Default city
    Fort Erie, ON, L2A2E4

24 hour format
    Unchecked

Celcius Temp
    Uncheckd

Geolocation
    Checked

Use GPS
    Checked

Refreshing rate

Force English
    Unchecked

Sunrise/sunset
    Official

Temp Notification
    Checked

Forcast opening effect
    Checked

Clock font
    Android

Application for 3 tapping
    Beautiful live weather

Short date & hide background
    Unchecked

BG Transparency
    Opaque

Does it need certain settings only to work?