Beautiful Widgets Keep DisappearingSupport

Last Updated:

1. dbernard82

dbernard82 Active Member

Hey All,
    I've had an issue lately where all my widgets by Beautiful Widgets keep disappearing off my homescreens. For the last month+ about once a week i will wake my phone to see that they have all disappeared. The App is still installed and i just need to go and re-place them on the homescreens and everything works fine for awhile until they disappear again. It seems to perhaps coincide with my SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card unexpectedly unmounting (which i understand is a common issue with that specific card). I thought that maybe if i had moved the app to the card that it unmounting might cause the widgets to disappear, but i went and looked and the app is installed on the phone and not the card. Anyone else seen this happen?

Advertisement
  2. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Delete the data and cache, and with a file manager delete the folder for BW inside of Android/data.

Be aware that this will reset the app back to it's default settings, and you will lose any downloaded themes. Removing everything helps to make sure it's not a corrupt file somewhere.

If after doing all of that it still disappears, contact the developer. BW was the second app I ever purchased and any time I've ever had an issue they get back to me right away.
    itsallgood likes this.
  3. JimKnuckles

JimKnuckles Well-Known Member

I use Go widgets. If I move the app to my SD card... The wifgrts will not work. Are you moving them to the SD card?
  4. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

I was having a similar problem with ADW Launcher. Some of my widgets would not open/update when pressed. I tried restarting my phone and restarting the app within the app settings. (Which updated the widgets, but still had the same problems.) My first thought was to uninstall/reinstall the app. But that's to Petrah advice, I just clear all data and cache for the launcher app and everything is working as it should. (This might explain why my battery was draining faster then usually.)
  5. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

Are you by any chance using Nova Launcher? There was a bug with an update about a month ago, made widgets disappear off the screen. Two days ago a new Nova update fixed that problem. Could be a similar issue with any other launcher. Go to Task Manager, RAM, and Clear Memory to see if widget is restored that way. If it is, very likely a memory issue related to your 3rd party launcher. And if you use Nova Prime, make sure to update to the latest version.