1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Beautiful Widgets not Color Blind friendly

Last Updated:

1. raduray

raduray Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just got my Droid X and downloaded Beautiful Widgets. Love the home widget, but have problem with the various (GPS, WiFi, Airplane, etc) toggle widgets in that the state color toggles between red and green. Problem is that, like 8% of all males, I'm color blind and have a hard time distinguishing between the two colors. Ideally it would be green for ON and Black for OFF.

I don't believe the toggle colors are configurable, are they? Also, can't find a contact link to the developers so that I could point out this issue.

Advertisement
  2. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

I just did a quick Google search, and found something that might help: Apparently you can download a Skin Development Kit so you can make your own skin for it. Unless the developer is also colorblind you will probably know much better than them which color combinations work best.

Super Noob likes this.
  3. Brinkley1988

Brinkley1988 Well-Known Member

That's right, but I think this is special need. Normally, one makes a theme, may not consider this problem.

And I agree with Tangent, maybe you could download an App to make a skin for yourself. Such as Panda home, OpenHome are greate theme apps. You could have a try:)

4. Super Noob

Super Noob Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link, i didn't know that tool existed.