reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

Those are very creative! Very nice job.

Advertisement
    paulmz likes this.
  2. paulmz

paulmz Well-Known Member

3. paulmz

paulmz Well-Known Member

After making several detailed toggle skins, I thought I would just make something that is extremely easy to see.

No mistaking what the toggle is or if it's on or off with this one:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Title: Visibility.
  4. paulmz

paulmz Well-Known Member

This is just a really simple, small, glowing toggle skin:

[​IMG]

Title: Glow.
    doctorbabe likes this.
  5. paulmz

paulmz Well-Known Member

I meant to do this one at the same time as the Wood Carved skin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These carved ones even look good with the "Hide Background" option selected:

[​IMG]

Title: Stone_Carved.
    f1paul likes this.
  6. paulmz

paulmz Well-Known Member

Well, I decided that the carved skins needed a matching weather skin. This was originally the FlatBlack weather skin by Simen Opsah (http://twitter.com/simenopsah).

[​IMG]

Title: FlatCarved
  7. doctorbabe

doctorbabe Active Member

Very nice Paul! Thanks!
    paulmz likes this.
  8. paulmz

paulmz Well-Known Member

I liked the look of the "Stone Carved" with a transparent background, so I decided to make a sans serif one with a softer deboss and matching weather. The weather icons are based on the FlatBlack weather skin by Simen Opsah (http://twitter.com/simenopsah).

[​IMG]

Why hide your wallpaper? Have a perfectly visible clock that is transparent enough to see the background:

[​IMG]

Title: Debossed.
    Roberto1000 likes this.
  9. paulmz

paulmz Well-Known Member

Recently I have been noticing a popular battery widget people have been using called Gauge Battery Widget. This hit me with an idea to do a matching toggle skin.

[​IMG]

The bottom-left widget is the original 1x1 Gauge Battery Widget by Tom Hubalek.

Title: Gauge.
    Nitro Mustang likes this.
  10. paulmz

paulmz Well-Known Member

I revised the Debossed Home skin with a beefier font that matches the standard Android font.

[​IMG]

This still goes with the Debossed weather skin.

Title: Debossed
  11. Viajero

Viajero New Member

Hi there, not sure if this is the right place to post this: I have just installed bw and when I download and apply any skin, nothing happens. I'm still stuck with the old skins. I'm using a HTC hero, any ideas? Thanks in advance.
  12. paulmz

paulmz Well-Known Member

The only thing that I can think of is to make sure tha you're hitting the second "Save and Apply" button before exiting the app.

Other than that, I haven't had that problem before.
  13. mario23

mario23 Member

This is awesome...its what I'm using now.
    Is there any possibility of getting some debossed dock icons or could you sure how to make them possibly. I doubt I could handle it but I would love matching dock icons with this skin.
    Thanks
  14. paulmz

paulmz Well-Known Member

This shouldn't be a problem. If you have icons (preferably black) that you are using now, send me a Dropbox link or something.

If you don't have icons, let me know which ones you're looking for and I'll try to track them down. This will take me a while, though.

Anyway, just an FYI, dock icons are about half the size of the weather icons, so I'm not sure how they will look with the debossed effect. I guess we'll find out!

It's late... going to bed. I will follow up on this with you tomorrow.
  15. mario23

mario23 Member

Here's a few that I found (minus the reflections) that might work.
    They appear to be similar.
    https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public/black icons#/Public/black icons:::
    I really appreciate the help...I'll surely donate to the cause.
    Thanks
  16. paulmz

paulmz Well-Known Member

17. Pottertons

Pottertons Active Member

This skin is by FAR my favourite. For the most part my wallpapers are of a solid nature. Popular ones such as the Wood, Brushed Metal, and my current Brown leather one. It looks sick with the carved stone clock on it. However, I can't seem to get the carved stone weather skin as part of the "Home Widget" that i'm currently using.

When i go to BW>Home Settings-scroll down to "skins">Clock Skins; the "Stone_Carved" skin is available. However, when i do the same thing but got to "Weather Skins", Stone Carved is not available in the "Download Skins" link.

Is there something i'm doing wrong?

Thanks.
  18. paulmz

paulmz Well-Known Member

The weather skin version is called "Flat Carved". I just checked and it's definitely still available for download through the app.

This and the "Debossed" skins that I made certainly are popular. I'm glad that you like them!
  19. ardchoille

ardchoille Well-Known Member

Excellent idea for a thread, paulmz, I'm adding this to the Themes sticky in the Android Themes forum.
    paulmz likes this.
  20. paulmz

paulmz Well-Known Member

Thanks!

I just wish other people would post the skins they make as well. Maybe now that it's stickied more people will contribute.
  21. Pottertons

Pottertons Active Member

Thanks. I checked again and it was there. I was looking in the "home settings" download list rather than the "weather" list. lol

Just downloaded the BW yesterday, so i'm still new to getting around.
  22. 99-dk

99-dk Member

Pls. help, where can I find that weatherskin?
  23. paulmz

paulmz Well-Known Member

Um, which one? This thread has several show. Please hit the "Quote" button for the one that you are looking and reply that way.

Thanks.
  24. 99-dk

99-dk Member

The Debossed version or Mono Dark
  25. paulmz

paulmz Well-Known Member

I don't know what you mean by "Mono Dark", but the "Debossed" weather skin is available via download through the Beautiful Widgets app.