1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Beautiful Widgets

Last Updated:

1. trombone dixie

trombone dixie Member This Topic's Starter

I'm using LauncherPro and i wanted a clock and weather widget. so naturally i purchased Beautiful Widgets. When i put "Beautiful Smaller Home" on my home screen the weather only updates when I turn my phone off and then back on. I've gone into the settings and ensured that both Geolocation and Use GPS over Network were enabled. Any ideas why it isn't updating and/or is anyone else experiencing this same issue?

Advertisement
  2. antron007

antron007 Active Member

I've noticed BW doesn't access GPS very well myself. I will do to the maps so it will update my location then try readding smaller home.

I use bwhome now but started out using smaller home. Had the same issue with both. Sorry I don't have a solution. It would seem that sometimes computer science is not an exact science.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

What is the exact problem? That it can't find you or that it didn't update often enough? For the latter, what's your update interval set to? I use BW without GPS even on and it find me just fine in my little podunk town.

4. skimminstones

skimminstones Well-Known Member

It updates fine for me except as you say the location isnt correct. It often has me down for a town about 6 miles away. Still the weather there is going to be the same as here so im not that fussed.

5. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I use the "geolocation", not the GPS. It is usually accurate. Every once in awhile it will have me in a neighboring town or township, which is fine.

I have the refreshing rate set for 15 minutes and it updates great!