Beautiful WidgetsSupport

Last Updated:

1. NikkiC

NikkiC Well-Known Member

Hi, I need help with beautiful widgets.
    I have downloaded some new weather widgets but cant seem to figure out how to get them from the folder to the home screen. Any advice is much appreciated.:D

Advertisement
  2. jimbobcook

jimbobcook Well-Known Member

Can you explain how you got these files, are they .apk files?

Cheers
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

It's been a while since I used BW, but isn't there a select theme option (or similar) within the app itself?
  4. NikkiC

NikkiC Well-Known Member

When you select the app, then choose 'select a weather icons skin' you can then select Installed skins, standard skins or featured skins. I downloaded some skins (widgets) and they are there under installed skins but they don't come up in the widget folder when you long tap the home screen. I can click on the widget and select apply but it doesn't do anything when I do. I'm sure I'm missing something simple but cant figure out what.
  5. NikkiC

NikkiC Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem with fancy widgets so I'm obviously missing something! Does anyone know what I am going wrong.....please?
  6. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

You might get a better response in the applications forum (wider audience), do you want your thread moved there?
  7. NikkiC

NikkiC Well-Known Member

Yes please. Although I'm wondering if the problem is particular to the One X because I have looked at tutorials on youtube and they are on different phones that don't run sense. Can give it a go though.
  8. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

I would move it to the applications section. I've never had any problems with beautiful widgets
  9. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

The fastest way to change a skin that you've downloaded is to simply click on the weather icon (beautiful widget on the home screen). The weather forcast should open up giving the weather info. Next just click on the menu button (top right hand corner) then choose clock or weather skin. From there just select which skin you want and then apply it. When you get back to your homescreen the widget should of had changed. I just changed mine as I was typing these instructions.
  10. NikkiC

NikkiC Well-Known Member

Ok, I've figured it out. I was downloading and applying a certain skin but didn't realise it comes up on the widget once you added the widget to the home screen. Think you for all your advice and sorry for seeming a bit dumb, this is my first android so still learning. :)