Become a DeveloperTips

1. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

I was bored tonight so I stumbled upon something cool. Go to Settings> About Phone> and tap on build number. It begins to warn you that you're about to become a developer. After you become a developer you have lots of options under the developed options screen.

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Yep, this was a change when Jelly Bean was released. Previously it was always there.
    I really only need it to allow USB debugging.
  3. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Well-Known Member

i have a developer options menu enabled, but i never became a developer (tapped the build number 7 times). i thought that was a cool thing about the dmaxx. did you guys not have that menu?
  4. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

When I got my Maxx right after activation it offered up the OTA. I did not investigate anything I just installed the OTA.

When I looked at the options for the first time the Developer options entry is present and Developer options is On.

If I go to About Phone | Build number it reports "No need, you are already a developer."

So ... it was the default option on my Maxx.

... Thom
  5. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Well-Known Member

it was on by default, but when i got to build number andpress on it, it says "press x many more times to become a developer"

that's why this is interesting. also the developer options were on before i took the OTA. I delayed taking for about a week to see if we'd get root. we didn't so i took it.