• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Been a few weeks on pure nexus rom

Sento

Jan 19, 2011
And I love it, night and day difference. Astronomically more stable than stock nexus, and faster and better battery life.

Tbh even though nexus ROMs are aosp, I've noticed they have been pretty subpar since 5.0. I was getting very frustrated with my nexus 4 and then when I loaded cyanogenmod it became a whole new phone.

Those of you who had nexus 4 probably know about the annoying camera bug from 5.0 that never got fixed, which would make your phone randomly reboot during Skype, snap chat etc, problem didn't exist with cyanogenmod.

And by the same token, running pure nexus on my 5x feels amazing and made me fall in love with my phone all over again! I was getting a lot of random ui hangups and crashes on the stock nexus ROM, not anymore :)

I hate to say it but these days google just kinda half asses their roms and whatevers broken they aim to fix in the future patch which ends up breaking other things. But a lot of these custom ROM communities like pure nexus and cyanogenmod pur their hearts and souls into each release, so basically if you flash the latest stable version, you're going to have a good time!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones