• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Been here for a few weeks but Hi!

Hi everyone, just thought I'd say hello. I'm new to Android, my G2 touch (HTC Hero) will be arriving tomorrow (woohoo!) , after owning a Samsung Omnia for a year I decided to take a leap of faith and buy an Android phone.

I've found windows mobile 6.1 excellent and powerful, but daunting even when doing a simple task.

Been reading up on things and now realise that Doughnut and cupcake are software versions, yes?

Sholes is a type of android phone, yes?

What would you say I need to know the most as even though i'm a wiz at all other phones i'm a complete noob with android.

What are the best sites for apps of android devices, not using the phone?

Oh and one other thing... What's happening with the Apps area on this site. It's said "something coming soon" for ages!

Anyway If your wondering about my profile pic.... I'm a sports biker. LOL!

Nice to meet you all!

Hi everyone, just thought I'd say hello. I'm new to Android, my G2 touch (HTC Hero) will be arriving tomorrow (woohoo!) , after owning a Samsung Omnia for a year I decided to take a leap of faith and buy an Android phone.

I've found windows mobile 6.1 excellent and powerful, but daunting even when doing a simple task.

Been reading up on things and now realise that Doughnut and cupcake are software versions, yes?

Sholes is a type of android phone, yes?

What would you say I need to know the most as even though i'm a wiz at all other phones i'm a complete noob with android.

What are the best sites for apps of android devices, not using the phone?

Oh and one other thing... What's happening with the Apps area on this site. It's said "something coming soon" for ages!

Anyway If your wondering about my profile pic.... I'm a sports biker. LOL!

Nice to meet you all!

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones