been thinkingGeneral

Last Updated:

1. ebrperk

ebrperk Active Member

Been thinking about upgrading, My wife is eligible and I am going to use her upgrade. I am pondering getting the DInc 4GLTE but I wanted to hear from people who have one. Do you like it, good battery life, ease of rooting, did you consider another phone before this one. I have done some research and have narrowed my choices to either the incredible 4G or the Rezound. Currently I have the Incredible 2. Any opinion is much appreciated .
    Thanks in advance:D

Advertisement
  2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Well-Known Member

If you've narrowed it down to the Inc4G and the Rezound, then its a no brainer. The Rezound's battery life is absolutely terrible. A friend has it and with the stock battery he has trouble making much past noon. He had to get the giant extended battery and now his phone is a brick.

The Inc4G, on the other hand, has great battery life. With moderate use I easily make it through a 16 hour day with plenty if battery life to spare.

The only advantage the Rezound has is screen size. But I love the size of the Inc4G and the slightly smaller screen is a trade-off I am willing to make.

As far as rooting, I haven't rooted so I can't speak to it.
    ebrperk likes this.
  3. Brent372

Brent372 Well-Known Member

I have a Rez and my wife has the DINC4G. Her previous phone was a DINC2.
    The DINC4G is perfect for her. She thinks my Rez is too big, whereas the DINC4G is almost the exact same size as the DINC2.
    Her battery life is decent. The S4 processor helps with that. The Rezound, with less batter-friendly S3 processor does have battery life issues.
    I always have a fully charged 2nd battery on standby and keep a wall charger in my car so I have one if I ever need it.
    Also depends on what versions of Android and Sense you like.
    The Rezound is currently on Android 4.03 (ICS) with Sense 3.6 and has probably seen its last OS / Sense upgrade.
    The DINC4G comes out of the box with Android 4.03 and Sense 4.0. I would be surprised if it doesn't get bumped to 4.1 or 4.2 (JB) eventually (although by then KLP will be out).
  4. ryem84

ryem84 Well-Known Member

The Dinc 4G is pretty good the only thing i dont like about it is the build its very cheaply made after a couple of months of having it get ready for a lot of bending a creaking...defintely want to get a heavy duty case so you dont drive yourself crazy...battery life is ok..good phone but i can also see after owning it why it takes a back seat to some other phones such as the ONE series or the GS3.
    ebrperk likes this.
  5. ebrperk

ebrperk Active Member

Thanks for the input. Looks like the next phone I will have is the Dinc 4GLTE and become a lurker on yet another board.
    Thanks
  6. today

today Well-Known Member

One possible problem with your plan. Not much to lurk at. This forum is dead. Coming from the original incredible threads to here is shocking. Maybe it's because this phone has so few issues (tongue in cheek). :dontknow:
  7. GeoUSA

GeoUSA Well-Known Member

I like my Inc4G and the battery life is really good. The camera is also so good I find no need to carry a regular camera for photos and videos.

You asked about rooting. To my knowledge it's not currently possible and Verizon convinced HTC to lock the bootloader (reversing HTC's previous direction of making it easier on all of their phones).

I'm fairly happy with this phone but am starting to wonder if it will receive future versions of Android. I'd really like to have Google Now functionality which is currently limited to Android 4.1 and above. If I had it do over again I would have bought the Samsung Galaxy S3.
  8. ryem84

ryem84 Well-Known Member

i would have went with the S3 as well
  9. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

GeoUSA likes this.
  10. jamala00

jamala00 Well-Known Member

I think it is because very few people purchased this phone. I am not happy I used a subsidized upgrade on this phone and lost my unlimited data. It is a decent phone. Build quality is something to be desired. But I agree with ya, I am lucky if I check this forum 1x per month, there is never anything worth checking on it.
  11. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

XDA has active threads for the Incredible 4G. When we get better unlock methods things will pick up. Jose is finally getting this phone.