been trying to activate for over a week, nothing has worked...Support

1. snooeisen

snooeisen Member

I have this phone, obviously. I got it from my brother, who got it from our other brother, who bought it... most likely used.

I'm also obviously with virgin mobile.

I've tried the online activation. I've called virgin mobile a dozen times. they can't seem to get my phone working. my virgin mobile account says the phone is activated, but I still have service on my old phone and only sporadic 3G on my V. I cannot send messages, make calls, etc. from the V.

I have replaced the MDN and MSID with my phone number and the one they gave me, plus I've tried replacing it with 1s, 5s and 0s. I've done everything virgin mobile has told me to do, and it still doesn't work. they gave me a bullshit excuse of 'there's an outage in your area' WHEN MY OLD PHONE STILL WORKS.

I get error code 06 07 5920 usually, when I try to activate the phone through the phone's little activation application. from what I've read, it has something to do with my internet/wifi connection on the phone. my 3G goes out when I attempt to activate.

please help me, I need my phone because I'm in a school that is twenty miles away from my house and if I don't have a working phone (which I kind of do? my old phone still works...) and something happens, I'm screwed.

Advertisement
  2. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Sounds like it may be a hardware issue. Unfortunately the warranty for that phone only covers the original owner. You may have to bite it and purchase a new phone.
  3. snooeisen

snooeisen Member

ah, that's awful. I paid my brother $35 for this dumb phone, too, and he won't give it back. :s:

today I got a voicemail notification on my new phone, but could only listen to it on the old phone. ??????
  4. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Depending on where you live, you might be able to locate a Boost/Virgin Mobile store. (Often times Virgin Mobile will be inside of a Boost Mobile store.) If you can find one near you, see if you can't take the phone in there and have them reprogram it. I've no idea if they charge for this or not, but perhaps that's all the phone needs.
    snooeisen likes this.
  5. snooeisen

snooeisen Member

I could've sworn we had a boost mobile shop here but turns out it's a cricket store. there's still a boost/virgin mobile shop pretty close but good luck getting a ride there, snoo!!!

thank you.
  6. kwknott

kwknott Well-Known Member Developer

I'd try the warranty. I had an optimus v that was my sons. Vm honored warranty e en though I was 2nd owner
  7. phatboyslim12

phatboyslim12 Well-Known Member

if the optimus is still under warranty you can have a replacement sent to you...

from experience with replacements i have learned, warranties follow the phone and carry over accounts, if you recieve a phone as a refurb and that phone has a longer warranty remaining it will also carry to your account, virgin mobile is pretty nice when giving out warranty service.