Been Trying To Root For Over A Week, Now?? Unrevoked & Simple Root

Last Updated:

1. bogeygolfer59

bogeygolfer59 New Member This Topic's Starter

Guys,
    I just can't get it. Yes, I'm new to this stuff but I've read every thread and watch hrs of youtube (which may have screwed me up more).

I got my new Evo last week, I'm coming off of a jailbroken Iphone (blackrain).

I'm looking for wireless tether, ROM flashing is ok but I'm not going to go crazy.

I'm running 2.1 (I never upgraded, because I'd thought it be easier to root). It seems I get to the end of both rooting programs and the deal get's done.

Unrevoked says- The app is loaded on my phone, however is say's something crazy when I hit start in the app... I wiped the system, so I can't remember what it says, but it's like fhugh...something..something..

Simple Root-I'm able to go through all the steps of simple root, when I hit wireless tether, it tells me..NOT ROOT??? and my kernals aren't right. Also, simple root is a two click program now vs the majority of vidoes that are 3/4 clicks.

This can't be that hard to do.

Advertisement
  2. boliviano3

boliviano3 Well-Known Member

Did you flash a rom w/ superuser permissions?

3. Decus22

Decus22 Well-Known Member

Using Simple Root if you pressed button one and let it do its thing your rooted. If you pressed button 2 and selected a recovery your all most done.

you HAVE to flash a custom rom to finish it up. I like Fresh 3.1.0.1 runs like a dream.

4. One Beast

One Beast Well-Known Member

I 2nd The Fresh Motion....Great ROM without having to give up any Hardware Features Such as 4G , FM Radio and HDMI Output

5. bogeygolfer59

Ok I know I had 2.1 on my Evo yesterday...Now it says 2.2 and that's not cool... I tried resetting to factory setting, I think via the SD card and its still comes up 2.2....??? I got my evo last Saturday. Is there any way I can go down to 2.1...Also, I'm pretty sure I was screwing up the rom flashing earlier. I think I got it now if I can go back down to 2.1

6. gear.h34d.2012

gear.h34d.2012 Well-Known Member

http://jamiedubs.com/****flickr/data/i%20see%20what%20you%20did%20there/see-owl2.jpg

7. One Beast

I dont know what your talking about......lol....

8. bogeygolfer59

I'm pretty sure I had Andriod version 2.1 running yesterday....Now I have Andriod Version 2.2...I tried resetting the factory setting through the SD card with no luck...I tried wiping data on a hard reboot.

I need to get back down to Andriod 2.1 to root and to flash a custom rom.

9. One Beast

If you did the official HTC 2.2 update there is no way to go back to 2.1 yet and theres no way to root