Support Been using a Samsung Galaxy Portal!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by powerkiter, Oct 14, 2010.

1. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    UK
    And I amazed at how the battery has lasted!

I unplugged it yesterday and have used it as much as my X10 and even drove for 2 hours using Google voice navigation plus installing a load of apps to make me feel more at home with it and I still have more than 50% battery left!

It's running 2.1, now I know it has a smaller screen and possessor but WOW!

Now if only the X10 had battery life like that, I only hope that the promised 2.1 for the X10 will give half the battery life of this Galaxy and I will be a happy bunny and have now found a Vimeo app so I can watch all them lovely kiting videos on there without needing 2.2 for Flash Player :)

For some reason I am missing my X10 less and less :(

Advertisement

2. rosered

rosered VIP Member
    VIP Member

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    NO Powerkiter.... don't go over to the darkside. Stay with us, who else would bring me in to line when I need it!? When do you get your baby back?

3. allbutlost

allbutlost Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    My job is pretty great. You don't work there... th
    Canada.
    My husband had the LG Eve (piece of crap *coughs*) when I got the X10 and I was so happy with it (the x10 I mean).. then after deciding the piece-of-crap really had to go, we brought home the Acer Liquid E for him as a replacement, and now I'm all jealous of it when previously I was entirely satisfied.

Comparison is the worst enemy to satisfaction. I've since left him to his Liquid E and have not touched it. I'm back to being satisfied with the X10 :D

4. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    UK
    Red it's still not gone in yet... With the Galaxy it does everything I want and only 1/2 second slower than the X10 but as said the battery life is amazing compared to what I have got used to.

Apart from the looks and screen size I could be tempted to swing even if it is an old phone :(

I started the thread as I'm just amazed how long the battery has lasted, before the galaxy I was back to a dumb phone and that was going for 4-5 day between charges lol :D

5. MrWomble

MrWomble Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Newcastle - UK
    OH NO

the emperor is after Luke SkyKiter (hehehe)

want better battery life i can lend you a samsung E250 lol

10 days if ya careful