• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Been using a Samsung Galaxy Portal!

powerkiter

Android Expert
Jun 7, 2010
UK
And I amazed at how the battery has lasted!

I unplugged it yesterday and have used it as much as my X10 and even drove for 2 hours using Google voice navigation plus installing a load of apps to make me feel more at home with it and I still have more than 50% battery left!

It's running 2.1, now I know it has a smaller screen and possessor but WOW!

Now if only the X10 had battery life like that, I only hope that the promised 2.1 for the X10 will give half the battery life of this Galaxy and I will be a happy bunny and have now found a Vimeo app so I can watch all them lovely kiting videos on there without needing 2.2 for Flash Player :)

For some reason I am missing my X10 less and less :(

My husband had the LG Eve (piece of crap *coughs*) when I got the X10 and I was so happy with it (the x10 I mean).. then after deciding the piece-of-crap really had to go, we brought home the Acer Liquid E for him as a replacement, and now I'm all jealous of it when previously I was entirely satisfied.

Comparison is the worst enemy to satisfaction. I've since left him to his Liquid E and have not touched it. I'm back to being satisfied with the X10 :D

Upvote 0
Red it's still not gone in yet... With the Galaxy it does everything I want and only 1/2 second slower than the X10 but as said the battery life is amazing compared to what I have got used to.

Apart from the looks and screen size I could be tempted to swing even if it is an old phone :(

I started the thread as I'm just amazed how long the battery has lasted, before the galaxy I was back to a dumb phone and that was going for 4-5 day between charges lol :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones