Beeping during calls? Sound quality? Can I help improve?

1. wholovesskunks

wholovesskunks Active Member

Hi Everyone, I'm a new-ish Droid user, came from Eris. While I love the power of the phone and the capabilities, the actual phone is not exciting at all and I miss the Eris if only for the actual phone. I am constantly told I am hard to hear; usually they say I am grainy, muffled, or tinny sounding. Are there any apps I can use to help make call quality better? I have purchased a very expensive bluetooth, call quality is still bad.

Now, with a particular friend, they hear a very annoying beeping sound when talking to me. And only me. I don't hear it but the only time they hear this sound is when talking to me and it's been since I got the Droid (about 2 weeks ago). Any ideas of what this is and how to fix it?

Thank you everyone for your advice!

Advertisement
  2. wholovesskunks

3. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

Have you tried turning off the voice privacy? I know others who were having issues found this to be helpful, of course if its doing the same thing via BT, I don't know that it will be very helpful.
  4. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

5. wholovesskunks

Thank you for the suggestion, Sinful Dragon. I went ahead and disable that. We'll see how it works.

EMDMAO- Yup, did this when I first got the phone. I am going crazy with such terrible sound quality. The beeping is gone with the Bluetooth but I have to repeat myself constantly, both, my words and the other parties words are constantly clipped. So far, I am totally thinking the "phone" sucks on this thing which is too bad because it's a great little computer. Phone, not so much. :(