1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Beer

1. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Well-Known Member

My beer of choice is Newcastle. I think it is simply the tastiest beer ever. The problem is, around here, it's somewhat hard to find. It's absolutely best out of a keg (the canned Newcastle is horrible and the bottles aren't much better), but restaraunts don't like to offer it because it is expensive, so they have to put a hefty price tag on it, thus not many people buy it.
  2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Their Ice was very good IMO. It was likely 10-15 years ago however when I was drinking it. Very clean tasting. A man's taste evolves as he travels down life's path... I might not like it today. I was drinking Coors Light prior to Labatts Ice. I exclusively drink dark beers now.
  3. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

I will share my philosophy, "Life is too short for cheap beer"!

I am sitting down with a Shiner Bock at the moment, my all around favorite daily drinker, won't put up details since olbriar already did.

Newcastle is another favorite, and very similar to Shiner Bock, a little lighter and sweeter tasting, and available in a "mini-draught" for $20.00!:D

Red Hook ESB is also on my list.

As for some of my local favorites:

Stash IPA
    IPA
    Independence Brewing, Austin, TX
    $9 a 4 pack

Fireman's 4
    American Blonde Ale
    Real Ale Brewing Co. Blanco, TX
    $8-9 a 6 pack

I will post more as the fog clears from my beer deprived brain.;):D
  4. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Well-Known Member

qft

EDIT: Thought I have to admit, due to my early college endeavors, I have developed a taste for Natrual Light. :x :cheers:
  5. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

Natural Light is horrifying.
    Thats and NightHawk877 like this.
  6. atljatl

atljatl Well-Known Member

:eek: I think I would vomit if I smelled that beer right now. I'm not joking.
    breadnatty08 likes this.
  7. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Newcastle is pretty good, but I don't understand why they put it in clear bottles. (a cardinal sin in the beer world)
  8. atljatl

Someone mentioned mass produced beers earlier and I would throw Newcastle in there. It has a pretty smooth taste from what I remember.
  9. kct1975

kct1975 Well-Known Member

One beer I used to like that was a regional brew was Foggy Bottom....it was brewed in the Foggy Bottom area of Washington DC (near GW University)
  10. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

I must update my post about Shiner Bock beer. They just increased their prices and now a case cost $28. Not that the increase will change my rate of consumption...
  11. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Have you tried any of the new DC regional breweries stuff yet?
    DC Brau is pretty solid. Lost Rhino (VA) is great. If you live near Falls Church, definitely get to Mad Fox. Great beer and great food. One of the best brewpubs I've been to.
    kct1975 likes this.
  12. kct1975

kct1975 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions....I just wrote them down!

I am always looking for new good brews!
  13. breadnatty08

Chocolate City, Port City and 3 Stars are another few locals. Their stuff is okay, they need time.
    Stillwater is probably my favorite local (MD). They make mostly saisons, great Belgian style beers.
  14. iAstonish

iAstonish Well-Known Member

Beers of choice: Rogue Dead Guy Ale, Rogue Shakespeare oatmeal stout, Rogue mocha porter, Samuel Smith's Imperial Stout

Beers of a college student's budget: Natty light, Busch, Old English lol
  15. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

im 15 and im in an android community WILL THIS BE ME IN 10 YEARS?!?! Lol
  16. atljatl

Are you also in Germany?
  17. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

Had a Dogfish Head 120 minute that I aged for 1 year last night. Oh boy was it delicious.
  18. atljatl

More details please! We don't get that down here in Atlanta. Where are you out of curiosity?
  19. Stigy

Stigy Some say... VIP Member

20. cammykool

cammykool Well-Known Member

21. atljatl

Mmmm.... I buy the 90 and 60 minute down here and love them both. Really really amazing beer. GA has some archaic beer alcohol-content laws so I won't be getting 120 anytime soon...sigh
  22. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

Hey, in Indiana where I live you can't even buy beer on Sundays. The only remaining state to do that. Connecticut To Become 49th State To Sell Alcohol On Sunday
  23. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

Started a new brew off yesterday - should be properly matured by my birthday :)
  24. breadnatty08

What did you brew? I still have all my equipment sitting in the basement unused for a couple years now :(
  25. atljatl