• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root before i root? please help!

saltysteve

Nov 14, 2009
can someone explain or list the things i need to do before i root?
im a little confused with reading everything here. i know i need to back up but where do i find that and is there anything else before following this link How-to: Install bugless beast for noobs! - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

i just kinda need a simple 1 2 3 list of things i need to do this safely and maybe where to find them. thanks! and its probably really clear but im just missing how to do this here on this forum.

can someone explain or list the things i need to do before i root?
im a little confused with reading everything here. i know i need to back up but where do i find that and is there anything else before following this link How-to: Install bugless beast for noobs! - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

i just kinda need a simple 1 2 3 list of things i need to do this safely and maybe where to find them. thanks! and its probably really clear but im just missing how to do this here on this forum.
Ok well first off you need to get root access before you can do any backing up.

first download this to your SDcard. this is the update.zip that will give you root access and the superuser app, nothing else and you will not lose anything.

now reboot your phone holding the "x" button until you come to a screen that has a yellow triangle with a "!" in the middle. now hit the volumume up button and the camera button together that that will get you into the stock recovery console. now choose install update.zip from sdcard.

bam now you have root access

now all you need is the custom recovery console. this allows you to load roms and preform backups. here is a very good guide with pictures to show you how to install it. once you are done with that you can install bugless beast.
custom recovery image Custom Recovery Image | Root Your Droid

Reactions: saltysteve
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones