Before rooting, can i transfer files, apps on comp?

Last Updated:

1. Saiyan_Prince

Saiyan_Prince Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So before i start rooting...can i copy all my files, pics, vids, and apps onto my comp and then transfer it back? I would like to keep some of my apps cuz they are no longer on the market. Also, i ask this because i read that you have to wipe your phone clean while rooting

Advertisement
  2. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

download Astro from the market then under tools in the app you can back up all your apps to reinstall on your new rom. Everything on your SD card will be fine while rooting but it never hurts to copy to your PC for safe keeping :)

3. ray1510

ray1510 Well-Known Member

ive downloaded astro and backed up all apps, but where do they go once backed up, how do i re-install them once rooted ?

4. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

they get backed up to your storage card.
    After you have a new rom loaded ... go to market and get astro again and under tools you can reinstall your apps. Also you may need to manually update your apps from the market.
    I prefer to re-download all my apps with every new rom tho. But I only run about 20 apps.

5. ray1510

ray1510 Well-Known Member

ok cheers

6. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

Initially you'd have to use astro to backup your apps. After rooting you can use titanium backup to backup the apps and data to restore. I don't use any of the backups..but don't have many apps and just let the market redownload everything automatically.

7. Saiyan_Prince

Saiyan_Prince Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Man i wish i knew all this earlier cuz i lost all my apps. And now i can no longer download youtube videos. As all the apps dont allow it anymore. ERRRR!!! Oh well loving my rooted droid now.