Beginner Root Question

Last Updated:

1. cachase1

cachase1 New Member

I have recently acquired a Kindle Fire HD, 7". After having problems with Amazon's applications not being updated quickly enough, I decided to look for an alternative to their app store. I noticed that Google Play does not have the same issues, and decided to try to install it.

After a little research, I decided that I needed to root the device. I did this, using the installer from All of the steps in the rooting process completed successfully.

I have obtained the files I need to install the Google Playstore application, but am unable to accomplish this. I have followed the steps to install the ES Explorer, go to Settings, Root Settings, and all of that works fine. The problem is that when I try to enable "Root Explorer", it will fail with an error saying that ES Explorer has blocked the SU request, and the option will be grayed-out until I restart the program. I tried to do this on the other version of ES Explorer, but the option to Enable Root Explorer is not available on that one.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

2. PRallday168

PRallday168 Well-Known Member