1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Behind Neck Headphones with Mic and Remote?

1. Doulos24x7

Doulos24x7 New Member

I am looking for a Behind the Neck Headphone with a Mic and Remote that will work with Android. I have been beating the crap out of the Oracle (Google) for a few hours.

Good grief, you'd think someone made a decent set specifically for the 'droid.

I can't use earbuds as I need to hear some of the environment around me when I am bicycle commuting to/from work.

Advertisement
    :
  2. ferret141

ferret141 Well-Known Member

It's not a matter of android but rather manufacturer. What device do you have?

If you just want to play/pause or answer/drop then any headset should work. But for extra functions you may need an app or look at what's available from your manufacturer.
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

4. Crookedsoul

Crookedsoul Member

Does that app only work for the "Jay" brand headphones? I don't see the "Jay" brand making a behind the neck headphones
  5. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Nope, I've been using the app with stock HTC headphones and Phillips headphones. :)

My only complaint would be that despite being configured as Volume Up in the app, a long press of the remote activates Google Now. I suspect that's a ROM issue as opposed to anything app related though.
    Crookedsoul likes this.
  6. Crookedsoul

Crookedsoul Member

Great to know, will give it a shot today!