• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Behold 2 and Linux

megabiteg

Android Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2010
Is there a good and comprehensive way of getting the Behold 2 recognized by Linux (ubuntu 9.10)?

I have the SDK installed and everything works but I don't Know how to get Ubuntu to recognize my phone, when I do ./adb devices it comes up empty.

HELP!

I'm in the same boat, I have created about 10 rules files, but none have worked for me. BH_MAN had said he got his to work, hopefully he can post his rules files. There is also a patched adb file for the galaxy, not sure if we need to use it.

Hopefully someone can help us! I really want to use Proxoid with my netbook.

Upvote 0
I have the following code on my 90-android.rules:
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="04e8", MODE="0666", OWNER="megabite"

when do the lsusb command I see that the phone is present:
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 04e8:6640 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd Usb Modem Enumerator

I tried changing the MODE to match the 6640 but it doesn't get recognized after reboot. I run the ./adb devices command and what I get back is nothing.

I have the following version of ADB: Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.25

Upvote 0
chadmd23@chadmd23-netbook:/etc/udev/rules.d$ cat 70-android.rules

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", SYSFS{idVendor}=="04e8", MODE="0666", OWNER="chadmd23"
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="04e8", ATTRS{idProduct}=="6640", MODE="0666", OWNER="chadmd23"

I used 70 because that was the number that was in front of the persistent rules.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones