• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Behold 2 and Simple Mobile APNs settings

Onemikefl

Lurker
Jun 27, 2010
PLEASE dont shoot me, im new here and all I need is get the right APN settings for my behold 2 to work on Simple Mobile network. I tried everything and I still cant get the internet to work, im on the unlimited everything plan for $60. Calls, texts and even pic messages work but not internet. PLEASE HELP.

Reactions: ARMYSTRONG
for anyone wanting to know how to change their APN settings for future reference here it is:

on the keypad type *#87927# and wait until the APN setting pops up. click the APN available.

then change these settings.

name : t-mobile us 310 260 ----> name : simple
APN : epc.tmobile.com ----> APN : simple
proxy : not set ----> proxy : 216.155.165.050
port : not set ----> port : 8080
username <leave blank>
password <leave blank>
server <leave blank>
mmsc <don't change>
mms proxy : not set ----> mms proxy : 216.155.165.050
mms port : not set ----> mms port : 8080
mcc <don't change>
mnc <don't change>
apn type <don't change>
authentification type <don't change>

after that just back out and give it a few minutes. as long as you have the data plan your 3g icon should show up ready to go.

Upvote 0
After 2 hours on the phone with "tech" its working now!!! Send and receive pic and internet, if any body wants know how to get it running, just let me know. And thank euph_22 for responding.

Was wondering if your apps are able to also connect to internet (google maps,facebook) I got a blackberry and am about to buy a behold 2 but wont do so if I have the same problems as I do with the BB... IE. can only use opera browser.. no apps connecting.. it kinda sucks :p

Upvote 0
After 2 hours on the phone with "tech" its working now!!! Send and receive pic and internet, if any body wants know how to get it running, just let me know. And thank euph_22 for responding.

I bought the unlimited data,talk,txt, but the internet would not work no matter what i do. I have spoken to tech support many times, but the setting they gave me did not work. So I gave up trying without getting a data service. No refund either :( . No i really need to get the internet on my phone, but i am very skeptical of going through the same sh**. So tell me how u did it? I know your phone is probably little bit different but they do have some common features.

Upvote 0
Here are the real settings. Some of those "don't change" don't work if it's in there wrong. I have tried many different ones, and these ones work for my Behold II.

Settings are under one access point name, instead of two. APN type is internet+mms.

Press and hold send button and say &#8220;Open APN&#8221;, OR dial *#87927# and wait until it opens.

Tap the existing APN setting and enter the following settings:

Name: Simple
APN: simple
Proxy: 216.155.165.050
Port: 8080
Username: [Not set]
Password: [Not set]
Server: [Not set]
MMSC: http://smpl.mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.050
MMS Port: 8080
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN Type: Internet+mms
[FONT=&quot]Authentication type: PAP

Back out.

If still not working. Turn off and back on.

[/FONT]

Upvote 0
PLEASE dont shoot me, im new here and all I need is get the right APN settings for my behold 2 to work on Simple Mobile network. I tried everything and I still cant get the internet to work, im on the unlimited everything plan for $60. Calls, texts and even pic messages work but not internet. PLEASE HELP.

hi i got the same plan you got,:) for you to use the internet hit web than it would say on your phone error unknown your homepage is temporarily unavailable . please try later. hit menu than hit go and should be able to use the internet hope this is hopeful .good luck let me know what happens...........

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones