Behold 2 Bluetooth Problem

Last Updated:

1. jazzedmurf

jazzedmurf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everybody,

Last year I installed a bluetooth-capable stereo in my car with the hopes of using it with my phone, a Sony-Ericcson Walkman phone, for both handsfree calling and music playback. It worked really well, and I was very excited when I saw that the Behold 2 also had AD2P bluetooth connectivity.

If I could use my Behold 2 in conjunction with my stereo for both handsfree calling and music playback, I'd be thrilled, but really I'd just settle for the handsfree calling. I've tried to connect it to my stereo several times, and the phone recognizes and labels my stereo every time--it's a Kenwood KDC-BT838U--but it won't connect. I hit the "Pair and Connect" button, it prompts me for the connection code, I enter "0000" or "1234", but it keeps saying that there's an error.

Something else, which I just confirmed for the third time, is that when I try to push a file from my laptop, which is running Windows 7 Ultimate (RC), it blue screens with the notice of "bad_pool_header." I think this is a driver issue with Windows and is a moot point overall, but I just find it funny.

Any ideas on how to fix the car stereo issue?

Thanks in advance,

Murf

Advertisement
  2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

theres known issues with obex for all versions of android phones on 1.5 and 1.6
    most need root to get anything to work at all and even then its flaky
    bluetooth is mainly to work with handsfree atm and thats about it.
    im sure future updates might see a fix to this but at the moment its not really happening

3. jazzedmurf

Thanks for the quick response Rastaman-FB. I guess I'll just hold my breath until someone hacks the Behold 2.

Murf

4. chaoscentral

chaoscentral Well-Known Member

Well in Android 2.0 there is proper bluetooth support, and the Behold is definately getting 2.0 sometime within the coming months(I want to guess January/February) so which ever comes first, hacked ROM or Android 2.0 update

5. pato128

pato128 New Member

This combination worked very good after pairing the 2 and I was able to listen to music using the stereo headphones, but since yesterday after connecting the headphones the media never switches to play through bluetooth and only sends sounds through the speaker. I am not sure if there is a way to make it work again. I tried resetting the connection many times and so far only works to make calls as a normal bluetooth piece, but no music. Any advice?
    TY

6. pato128

pato128 New Member

:( Nevermind. I was able to fix it by deleting the existing motorola s9 connection, the option was not so obvious and I missed it at first . I made the device search for the s9 and created a new connection and now I am listening to music using my stereo bluetooth headphones as I type this.
    Oh well!
    Hopefully that it is not the standard way to do this.

7. jazzedmurf

pato128,

Thanks for the info. I too have a Motorola S9 headset, so this is at least reassuring. I've still love to make handsfree calls through my car's stereo, though. Come on Samsung/T-Mobile!

Murf

8. Ohgami

Ohgami Well-Known Member

Yeah the BT support is very flaky. I got my Mom one of those Polaroid Pogo printers for x-mas and my BH2 would NOT send the picture to it. It found it, Paired, found the items it could do, and was unable to actually connect and print. I wonder if anyone else has tried to print via BT.

9. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

I just found a program in the market called Bluetooth File Transfer. The first time running it, a pop up tells me it doesn't work on phones under 2.0! Sucks! How ironic that our phone is called Behold II, but we're stuck on OS 1.5.

10. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

Yea this and Locale have issues with the Behold II, supposedly the update will fix that.