Behold 2 Car charger et al

Last Updated:

1. Kittyfae

Kittyfae Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Greetings forum.
    I come from a land not much unlike your own.
    Though, I do have a question, and it is as such:

I purchased a Behold 2 today, but I noticed that it did not charge the Behold 2. When I got home, neither did the "universal" usb charger I use for my other devices. Is there something I am just blatantly missing?

These chargers have worked for a Sidekick 2008, standalone GPS unit, and a *gasp* X-Tc with no problems. This way it makes things easier to have a charger at home, work, and in the car.

Thank ye kindly~

Advertisement
  2. nomadrider123

nomadrider123 Well-Known Member

It is a slightly different charger. I was a little dissapointed that the Behold 2 takes a different samsung charger

3. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

I've been using various micro usb cords to charge my behold2 with no problems. I'm glad its a universal port over some proprietary plug.

4. Kittyfae

Indeed.

I noticed that I could charge and connect to the phone via all my microusb cords. Just not any other charger. Bought the charger from the T-mobile store, since they said the same thing.

Too bad, as now I have to have two chargers in the car. Would thought that by now would get away from a half billion proprietary equipment, but have to get the money somewhere! (unless you have pixies 'acquiring' for you, being a kittyfae has some perks >:3)

5. NowVoyager

NowVoyager Well-Known Member

I stopped buying chargers long ago. I use the iGo. Then, if need be, I only change an inexpensive adapter TIP instead of an entire charger. It took me awhile and an armrest full of chargers before I finally "got it" LOL http://www.igo.com/

Even if there isn't an adapter for a particular phone, there are other types of units that will work from this company. I have a friend who is a trucker who swears by the universal gizmo. He charges everything including his shaver with this puppy. LOL

6. Kittyfae

Well, the car and mains chargers I have work on everything but the behold 2 (tested it on a few other things too)... so I'd be hesitant to drop any money on something that "might" or "should" work. Was easy just to have one thing with 2-3 tips/adapters that worked.
    Oh, and charging via any random microusb cord to a computer works fine.
    *shrugs* Things are fine now, even if a bit cluttered.

Thanks for the help everyone. :)

7. devrdander

devrdander Member

new devices are standardizing on micro-usb across the board, kind of frustrating for me as I have mini-usb chargers coming out my rear... and just a blurb on micro-usb:

Atleast for the next few years all you chargers will be the same on new devices...

8. chadmd23

I keep a mini-usb to micro usb converter handy. I either got it from ebay or amazon cheaply (Motorola OEM!).

9. Kittyfae

That is what I have. The car charger from my sidekick and the motorola microusb converter from amazon. Heh. It still doesn't charge the Behold, everything else that uses mini or micro works just fine.

10. chadmd23

Check your fuse in the charger. (It's usually under the silver cover that you plug into the car.

11. Kittyfae

It is fine, checked that right away and used a different 12v port in the car just to test. Even though both times the light on the charger came on. So weird.

12. chadmd23

I'm not an expert, but I know some mini-usb connectors don't wire the ground pin (may be another pin, just know 1 pin may be missing), which won't allow it to charge some devices.

In my car, I just have a DC->AC converter with a normal wall charger plugged in.

13. Gbear

Gbear Member

I just picked up a charger for work and a car charger at wal mart both for $15 if anybody is interested.They both work great.