Behold 2 Now Available - Did You Get It

Last Updated:

1. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator This Topic's Starter

Even though some lucky people like jhat3k1 got their Behold 2 almost a month in advance (I CAN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T SEE THAT UNTIL TODAY!), I'm surprised the Behold 2 launched today without many people talking about it... or without this forum absolutely blowing up.

So cmon TMO fans, rally the troops!

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

From the "UnOfficial -- Answer ALL Posts Team"
    Just a post to move this from the unanswered posts ...

3. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

ordered mine today over the phone. got it for $199.99! on tmo website it is listed at $229.00, go figure. n-e-way phone will be here sat.

4. mateo2

mateo2 New Member

I got it today at the store. really is 199, not 250 like it was rumored. i bought it at full price though. so far i like it. but i don't care for the custom UI vs. stock android so I will be flashing stock android on it once it's been ported.

5. KDH

KDH Member

I just got mine a few hours ago. So far I like it, but I imagine I'll like it more with a stock android interface (as long As I can keep Samsung's Camera App)

6. TaroPsyche

TaroPsyche Active Member

I second that

7. hobie5

hobie5 Member

I've seen some of the rooting instructions out there for the Behold II. I hope this phone does well so there are plenty of mods. I don't have it yet however I really want to get it. (I'm sooooo tired of waiting for the next best thing to come out!!!) :(

Has anybody heard rumors of custom ROMS or new skins? How about Apps2Sd, anybody actually do this yet with the Behold II?

I've used this phone in the store for about an hour and a half and I really like it. I know it's not the fastest or greatest but, I think if we can tweak it a bit it would be a pretty slick device to get us by until all of the phones get better.

One other note, Samsung has already announced they will release a 2.0 update we can just hope it's sooner than later. Thanks!

8. tikiral

tikiral Well-Known Member

Just picked mine up early yesterday evening from the TMO store. Upgraded from an 8100 Pearl, and I'm so far really pleased with the decision. For some reason, I didn't see ahead of time that the 1.5 UI doesn't allow for WPA-Enterprise, so I'll have to go into debug mode tonight and get that setup so I can log into the wireless here at the office. I'd also rather the "taskbar" at the bottom from the TouchWiz stuff wasn't there, but I'm really happy as well that the Cube isn't part of the default UI.

Pictures and Video are great. That LED flash will blind the folks you're taking the picture of though! Screen is excellent and I'm currently poring through the Market to find more applications.

One thing of note is the tactile feedback for scrolling and such. When the phone first did its little shake, I wondered if there was something wrong, but after using it for a only a couple of hours, I don't even notice it as something out of the ordinary any more.