behold 2 or mytouch 3g?

Last Updated:

1. zeek78

zeek78 Member This Topic's Starter

hardware wise the behold 2 is better right? i think it has more ram or something like that

so whats better then? i realize that many dont like the touchwiz ui but that can be easily changed with a home replacement and such so without that in the picture what one is the better phone? right now i think its the behold 2 (i also prefare the dpad more then the trackball on the mytouch as it will be easier to play emulators like snes and such on it with the dpad, at least thats how it appears to me)

im going this weekend to the tmobile store at my mall to check them out in person, but i wanted to hear some of your opinions on this

Advertisement
  2. ztmike

ztmike Well-Known Member

I would say neither..especially the Behold 2..the whole "cube" interface is full of fail.

I'd go Nexus One..IMO

3. zeek78

i cant get the nexus though bcause it wont go into my familly plan, they make you get a whole new seprate plan in order to use the nexus

however if this changed and im wrong then i would love to get the nexus as that was the first one i really wanted

and you use a home app or something like that to get a new home that replaces the touchwiz/cube thing

4. zeek78

anyone else? i could really use some help

also will either of the phones get 2.0 or 2.01? and when is the mytouch 3g+ coming out? if its February 10 like i have read then i might just wait and get that phone depending on what i read about the behold 2 and how i like it this weekend

and tldr= help please

5. dhsteeler

dhsteeler New Member

My wife bought the behold 2 a few weeks ago. The screen is incredible, the camera is very nice (5mp). I was EXTREMELY disappointed when we realized we wouldn't get an update to android 1.6. Can't believe a phone this new ships with 1.5. The behold 2 is supposed to skip 1.6 and upgrade directly to 2.0. When? Nobody seems to have that answer. She has also had an issue with downloaded pictures being very blurry and her phone will sometimes start vibrating for no apparent reason and it can't be stopped without removing the battery. I checked out the tmobile forum and there are a ton of people unhappy with this phone. She is returning it for the newest mytouch 3g or blackberry bold 9700. The newest mytouch looks great. Comes with 3.5mm input as well as 8gm memory card. If you like android and have tmobile, I think the newest mytouch 3g is the way to go. Ton of issues with the cliq. And you already know about the nexus plan restrictions. I have a g1 and don't know what I would do without my keyboard. When I upgrade in a year, maybe t-mobile will have the iphone!!! Good luck. Hope that helps.

Dave

6. MonthOLDpickle

MonthOLDpickle Well-Known Member

I have a MyTouch 3G and had a cliq before. They operate about the same. I haven't touched the Behold 2 (Thats the one with Android correct). So I am a bit biased and say MyTouch 3G if you can't get Nexus. Played with a Nexus..there really is no difference overall between the MT and Nexus. I would honestly wait for Nexus 2 or something similiar to come out, if it does.

Also supposedly updates to 2.X and multitouch will be coming out at April at the earliest - doesn't mean it will.

7. HadouGhost

HadouGhost Well-Known Member

Dont be discouraged by negative reviews. Rule of thumb is, people always write bad reviews. never good ones.

Seriously, lets say you bought a laptop and loved it! yay! now lets say you bought it and it was a piece of crap, you'd be much more inclined to hop on the website and be like ''PIECE OF GARBAGE!''

Also, you have to take negative reveiws with a grain of salt. everyone has their own different expectations.

That being said, I have the behold 2 and i absolutely love it. i have not had any problems. no viabrating, sd card, blurry pictures, or anything. The phone flys fast for me, and specially once you get a task killer and kill ay bs, you fly with 120 - 140mb of ram. The cube ui is more of a toy than useful but i like it alot, and i see the use behind it. Also, the touchwiz UI for the most part is actually useful and i like it. The camera 5.0mp is amazing and the led flash does a more than awesome job at lighting up.

I used the mytouch and i wasnt impressed. to me it was just a G1 without the keyboard.

The behold 2 is amazing.

8. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Don't do this to yourself. Get the latest and greatest--N1, Droid, wait for the Desire, whatever.

Samsung is notoriously terrible about providing official OS updates for their phones. Plus, the Behold 2's screen is kind of tiny, with low resolution. If you really must, of the two I would recommend the myTouch. HTC, at least, has promised that they'll deliver Android 2.1 to their 2009 phones some time in Q1 this year.

Going by the reports of former MT3G owners who've adopted the N1, they say that the difference in performance is immense.

9. MonthOLDpickle

MonthOLDpickle Well-Known Member

Hence why I said Overall. I would have gone N1 if I could but the way G has it set up makes it impossible for me to have so I went with next best thing.

Also I know by the time I need to upgrade again, something better will be out - that I most likely will be able to get.

10. Madwolf27

Madwolf27 Well-Known Member

I had the cliq and sent it back, the battery was horrid. Got the mytouch and it was better BUT the memory was horrid... it bogged down a LOT and badly. Any theme app bogged the dialer down. I sold it and got the Behold 2 and it is freakin GREAT. The screen is BEAUTIFUL, the camera is outstanding and it has like 2x the ram of the mytouch so it does not bog down and I have the theme replacement I want without any lag. I could'nt be happer except maybe with the Nexus which I could not afford and was not an option since I have a family plan.