Behold 2 problems

Last Updated:

1. VagoChilingaryan

VagoChilingaryan Member This Topic's Starter

hello, I bought Behold yesterday, from CincinnatiBell, I never used before Android phones, but I like it, more than Mac, because it's faster ;-)
    so.. I like phone, and system, but I have some problems, when I try to open contact's I get error like "Initializing please try again later" and I tried a lot times later.. but the same problem.. I have problem with Cube, with widgets, and wallpapers in settings it's like com.android.phone error, and com.samsung.com..
    what I should to do? is it possible to fix that problems? or it's phone issues? may be I need to change it to other Behold 2?

and is it possible to install something like skype ? to use skype login, on 1.6 or 2.1?
    P.S is it possible to update it to more new version of Android ? now it's 1.6
    Thank you.
    :confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement
  2. suyash1

suyash1 Well-Known Member

the cube widget and wallpaper in the settings error is nothing. the cube is removed on your phone.long press on your homescreen and the you can access widgets or wallpaper from there.

do you have adb set up on your computer?

3. VagoChilingaryan

Please anyone help me..

4. VagoChilingaryan

adb? I don't know what is that.. so no:)

5. VagoChilingaryan

and what about Contacts? even if it's removed I mean cube, why other options show me error? :-(
    may be something wrong in System? should I change phone and get another Samsung Behold II

6. VagoChilingaryan

Guys Someone please..
    if it's something wrong with phone, I will go now and change it to another one! but someone answer on my question please

7. Eastlakerob206

Eastlakerob206 Member

Im doing this from a behold 2. This phone is a piece of shit!!!!! I had to rewrite my whole reply over because the backspace kept going. This phone is slow, the screen, apps, and keyboard always freeze + it restarts by itself. Some of the best 3d games are from Gameloft but because the 1.6 firmware, they wont work even if installed. Samsung lied and promised to update from 1.5 to 2.x, but sent the 1.6 OTA update. I've talked to them but i think they still dont care. I think people who bought the Behold 2 before the update should receive their latest phone for free to make up for this bull!!!!!!!!

8. TheKrell

TheKrell Well-Known Member

First of all, this thread should be in the main BH2 forum and not the All Things Root subforum. The only part that plausibly belongs here is the question about upgrading to 2.1. The answer is currently "No", because Samsung has thrown us overboard and won't issue any further upgardes past 1.6. The only possibility is if BH_MAN comes back and gets his Galaxy version going on the BH2.

Regarding the OPs other problems, I've never heard of them before, but I have the T-mobile version. I think he has a defective unit. Edited to add: I'm mistaken. Others have reported this here. Seems like we see a bug-for-bug compatibility between Cincinnati Bell and T-Mobile.

9. suyash1

suyash1 Well-Known Member

thats because Cincinnati's behold 2 has bh_man's take5

10. j0hnh0lmes

j0hnh0lmes Well-Known Member

I believe people are looking for a dump of the CinciBell version to see what they did exactly. Please Pm Bearsfan or microhaxo.

11. mondev

mondev Active Member

Try to load a custom ROM. When I first bought my Behold 2 about a month ago, I also had minor problems like you've stated. After loading a custom ROM, the phone runs much smoother and rarely FC's (force closes)

Read up on this

And use this ROM

Good Luck! :D

12. Eastlakerob206

Eastlakerob206 Member

Thanks but, is that the same thing as rooting because if it is, im only 16 and I dont want to brick my phone. I cant pay for another and I dont have a computer!!!

13. kgreendenver

kgreendenver Well-Known Member

Hey Rob,

Check out there to see if there are companies that will install Custom Rom's for you. Or just study this forum really hard. I'm hardly the technical know it all especially on phones. And i've only been an Android User for maybe six months. But i've used several Rom's, after the first time of rooting your phone it got much easier. Heck you dont even have to go through all the same steps i had to when i first got my phone to root it. Dont give up, if you like the phone keep trying to see how you can make it work for you.

- Kenny

14. Eastlakerob206

Eastlakerob206 Member

I dont like the phone. It was a waste of money because Samsung stop updating it and they knew what they were doing!!!!

15. cheenachatze

cheenachatze Well-Known Member

Did someone manage to dump the Cinci Bell ROM and play with it?