Behold 2 w/ Galaxy ROM USB Issues

Last Updated:

1. MinisterPhobia

MinisterPhobia Active Member This Topic's Starter

A few weeks ago, a friend and I went through the process of making my Behold 2 think it's a Galaxy (thanks to all who made that possible!). Now, after having played with it for a while and the lack of vibration annoying me, I've decided to try to use Odin to revert to the standard Behold 2 ROM.

This is where my problem comes in: I am unable to get any USB Driver for the phone to work. In USB Debugging, out of debug, in download, or any other way I can think of. The phone just doesn't seem to want to connect. When not in USB debugging mode, I can get my computer to recognize the SD card and access files, and it'll charge, but, I can't get any other USB functions to work.

I'm not sure if this is a driver issue or if this is an issue with the phone itself.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

Could someone walk me through troubleshooting this?

Advertisement
  2. hnrclothing

hnrclothing Active Member

The only way my computer will see the phone in those modes is when I reboot I press f8 then turn sign drivers off. I have downloaded every driver that was recommended for W7 and still didnt work until I did this. I am a noob, and dont know too much, but this is how I got around it. Hope its that easy for you.

3. MinisterPhobia

Nope, doesn't work. I just tried it and the drivers do not install. The computer seems to recognize the phone, but, the drivers fail to install.

4. BH_MAN

BH_MAN Well-Known Member

I had to Manually install the Driver's via Device Management in windows 7 for mine to work. Hope that helps.

5. hnrclothing

I had to do the same thing, forgot about that.

6. MinisterPhobia

Didn't work for me. There's a couple of "Unknown Devices" in my device manager that I can't seem to get any drivers installed for.

7. hnrclothing

Did you right click them, go to properties, I think advance properties, update driver/ driver details (or something in that area, I dont have my laptop).

You have to path the driver to where the drivers folder is located to allow it to find them.

8. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

I had the same problem, same operating system.

I ended up using this:
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

It will make your computer think your phone is a galaxy, and everything will work just fine. Give it a try and let us know.