Behold keyboard

Last Updated:

1. k1ll1nt1m3

k1ll1nt1m3 Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone gotten a better keyboard on a Behold 2? Every time i install Better Keyboard or the voice type, my Behold locks up (4 hard resets yesterday). I get an error about twsettings, the phone starts to mess up, i reboot, and it locks up. I cant get it to finish booting. It freezes on the android logo screen (45 minutes). I like Better Keyboard. I really dont like the Samsung keyboard but im sick of hard resets. Any tips?

Advertisement
  2. Geekingitup2005

Geekingitup2005 Member

Not sure what to tell you as I am using it without any problems what so ever. Make sure your getting the newest version and not pirating it. :p

3. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Try the hero keyboard in the behold tips & tricks thread. It's the best one I have used yet, plus it's free.

4. k1ll1nt1m3

Tried the Hero one just now. All FCs as soon as i tried to switch inputs. Just to check, I rebooted, it locked up again. So i tested my new backup app. That was rather disappointing. It didn't keep any of my pandahome settings. I guess i will do another hard reset (#6 lol) and see if i can install just a keyboard.

5. k1ll1nt1m3

Wow. I'm using better keyboard. All else is OEM. I guess ill start installing pandahome now.

Update: installed every thing. Now have 3 keyboards that seem to be working. Did get one wait error from panda.

6. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

I love the compact qwerty hero keyboard, since my fingers were too big for the full qwerty. Plus it was really easy to install.

7. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

Just tried the swype keypad, and not quite sure if I like it yet:

[​IMG]

8. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

I tried the hero keyboard, and while it looks nice I was having problems typing on it. I kept getting the wrong letters a times, an s instead of a, or m instead of backspace. I'm going back to the stock samsung keyboard. At least it was aware of where it was inputting and would put the search button down by the space bar so I wouldn't have to go all the way to the top to hit search

9. NowVoyager

NowVoyager Well-Known Member

I have been using ShapeWriter for a week and it is getting on my nerves. It works by swipe patterns and I guess I am a touch and pickup typist. It isn't as intuitive as my stock keyboard. I hate its suggestions and the way it deletes letters so that I have to retype them. Grrrr. Either it needs revisions or, it just isn't for my mode of typing.

update: I hate to ditch something before I have given it a fair chance. So, I looked for and found an Apple Tutorial for Shapewriter on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRA3NaYMARM which best shows how to effectively use this app. The Android tutorial with the red phone did not cut it for me. Having seen the poster of the Apple Version of Shapewriter actually use the app, I found that I was using it all wrong...which explained why it wasn't working. This is no doubt what several of us were doing wrong.

The slide is the function. You have to depress your first letter and literally slide to the subsequent letters in a word (hovering doesn't work -which is what I was originally doing). Shapewriter then does its miraculous feat of picking the correct letters based upon your slide pattern and automatically inserts a space when finished. It missed only a few of my words. Once I got the hang of it, I was intrigued at how it got so many words correct.

I will keep testing it and let you know the outcome. Granted, it takes some getting used to. It works against the natural way most of us type. And there is a learning curve of sorts. It isn't for everybody. But if you have the time (and the inclination to learn something different) you may enjoy this keyboard.

There is a trick to Cut/Paste/Copy functions using the "Shapewriter" key. Egads. Another thing to master...

10. stepherz

stepherz Member

so does this phone have a t9 keyboard option, or is it something you have to download?

11. xblue95

xblue95 Well-Known Member

I use "better keyboard" without any FC's! But it still fat fingers a lot of my typing. It's better in landscape mode (phone horizontal). I might try the hero keyboard?

12. NowVoyager

Please see the update in my post above regarding Shapewriter.

13. stepherz

stepherz Member

can you use the shapewriter on the behold 2, or is it only for the hero/eris?

14. NowVoyager

You can use it on the behold 2.

15. stepherz

stepherz Member

How. I download it and selected the option to use it but my original keyboard keep showing up

16. NowVoyager

Settings/Language and Keypad/ Choose ShapeWriter (make sure that there is a check mark in its box) - Select it and choose your preferences - Save and exit