1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Bejeweled Available

Last Updated:

1. Hoople

Hoople Member This Topic's Starter

It's available now for $7.99 from eamobile.com. Having paid for it, I've got to say I'm a little disappointed. While it shares some graphics with Bejeweled 2, it's definitely just a basic version of the original. Controlling with the touchscreen seems more awkward than it should be, and the trackball is fine, but definitely not ideal. It won't even run in landscape mode, which makes high-score name entry a real chore. I haven't played the other EA games available for the G1, but I hope they put more effort into future titles. This feels like a quick cash-in port. I'm looking forward to Scrabble, Yahtzee and Sim City, all of which are fantastic on the iPhone. C'mon EA, step it up!

Advertisement
  2. dkaufman1

dkaufman1 Well-Known Member

A little birdie says...if you like the idea, just be patient. Other variations not from EA (free) are coming.

3. devolio

devolio Well-Known Member

(shameless plug) :p There's a Yahtzee implementation (two, to be exact) on the market. One is mine, Yz. :D

4. Hoople

I actually downloaded Yz, and while it's great, I'd really like something multi-player.

5. devolio

It's coming ;) if you want, I can let you know when it's almost done and give you a beta build.

6. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

I didn't know Yz was yours, what a small whirled we live in. I don't want to make your head swell and more than it is, but thats a nice implementation of Yahtzee, the sound is annoying but other than that I'll play it every day or so.

7. devolio

Haha, thanks for the kind words :) The sound has been turned off by default in the latest version, so update it if you're at version 1.0.3

8. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

I will, but Im holding off updating anything at the moment. Getting my G1 swapped for a new one on saturday with RC7 on :)

9. devolio

Oooh, nice. Hardware issues? :(

10. Hoople

If you could give me a heads up when multiplayer works I'd really appreciate it. I had Yahtzee on my Treo prior to getting a G1 and my co-workers miss passing around a game of Yahtzee in really boring meetings.

11. Shilahann

Shilahann Member

I, too, am waiting for a multi-player version of Yahtzee. I am new to the Droid. I have moved from carrying a flip phone and a Tungsten E2. My husband and I enjoyed Yahtzee together on my Tungsten.

12. gentlefury

gentlefury Well-Known Member

I'm starting to get annoyed at the fact that the droid and N1 can handle as much (maybe more) graphically as the iPhone, but all the games out are cheap looking old symbian style games....ie crappy phone games.

I would really love to see a section for next gen phone games in the market!

13. xaMax

xaMax Member

sames know what you mean but i think you forgot the hero aswell :D

14. Hoople

EA Mobile has an official version of Yahtzee available. It's got a pretty good single player 'campaign' with a couple different variations on the standard game. It's not in the market but you can get it on handmark.com. I'd avoid buying anything from eamobile.com directly. Their customer service is the worst I've ever tried to work with.