Bell Canada users and Brazilian Users - Galaxy 7500L (notice the L)General

1. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing it will. But the antenna will have been designed for the best performance on the bands its supposed to be using.

don't think there's any firmwares for the 7500L on NPS, but you should start asking people to post their CSC and PDA versions so you can keep checking.
  2. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member

Finally some REAL mobile competition in Canada! Lets hope our plans and rates drop to towards what our EU friends pay.
  3. Zing

Zing New Member

Hi everyone. I am joining this thread to ask the following:
    I have a European I7500 in Canada, will there be any chance of making Wcdma work with rogers? I know it's different frequency than EU but I really want to know if I can get it to work or should I just get myself a new phone from rogers. Any modification in firmware possible or similar?

Thanks for ur advice
  4. Fernando Rodrigues

Fernando Rodrigues Well-Known Member

Manoccs,
    Unfortnatlly there is no FW update available here in Brazil!
    We are pushing hard @SamsungBrasil on Twitter to give us an update for our lousy firmware!
    My experience with Samsung tells me they won't give us anything! :(
    Anyway, if they release something, we will be posting here!
  5. Fernando Rodrigues

6. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Great! Finally a solution for you :)

Any results to report?
  7. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

8. Fernando Rodrigues

Rasta,
    Samsungfirmware told me this one is from february 4th... This supposed to be very good firware.
    But I will wait for any brave guy from Canada or Brazil to update first, before I do.
    I'm still paying for this creepy phone. :))
  9. informale

informale Well-Known Member

Who knows, may be this time European users will be flashing i7500L firmware less amss. )
  10. Fernando Rodrigues

Informale,
    I'm sorry to inform you, but the firmware they sent us is the original we have here in Brazil!
    It's the same horrible, creepy, nasty, garbage firmware they are selling in Brazil!
    DO NOT USE, UNLESS YOU NEED TO RECOVER YOUR PHONE!

Today, after this contact with @SamsungFirmware I was a little hopeful... But, after this big frustration, I understand now Samsung does not care about Galaxy users, specially the Brazilians!

In Q2 Google will start to sell their phones here, and I'm already holding some money to make a change!

Samsung never more!:(
  11. informale

informale Well-Known Member

Well at least you now have a restoration solution. Which is great, as now you can worry no more about bricking your phones, as you can always roll back your amss.
  12. Fernando Rodrigues

Yes and No!
    I can now be more calm, cause we now have the AMSS file!
    But this fw is for the TIM operator! My one is VIVO which is the II3 firmware! (Even Worst).

But I'm already defined in my head what is the future of this Galaxy!

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    (I will try to sell this one, even if the firmware is not the original anymore)
    :(
  13. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

you could use the galaxy K5 or L3, and remove the cahce, and replace the AMSS with the one from this.

Then you'll have unbranded K5 :)
  14. Fernando Rodrigues

Kam,
    What is the gain on doing that?
    Will I have anything better then flashing IK5 without the European AMSS?
  15. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

I just thought you had a broken AMSS and old firmware. nvm!
  16. Fernando Rodrigues

No Problem, my friend! :)

I took off the AMSS file of the European fw, and the phones works great! I mean, I do not have the Brazilian Portuguese suggestions anymore...

Do you think it's possible to have the Brazilian keyboard (just equal as Portugal) with the Brazilian orthography on suggested words?
    Putting everything together, AMSS from 7500L and the rest from 7500 (EU)?
  17. manoccs

manoccs Member

18. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member

19. Fernando Rodrigues

I also downloaded the file.
    If you need, I can send you be Msn.
    Just send me a private msg, so I can give you my mail adress...

I`m happy that this firmware will help everybody who has a bricked phone!
    :)
  20. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Has it fixed anyone's phone? I mean has anyone who flashed the galaxy AMSS by mistake tried this yet?
  21. manoccs

manoccs Member

My bricked Bell galaxy and I are patiently awaiting the file to be re-posted as the link above is broken.

As soon as I get my hands on the file I'll confirm if it fixes my ability to connect to Bell and North American WCDMA bands.
  22. chmod

chmod Member

This is already on my website [1]. But it's not a new ROM, not even an update. This is the original I7500LUIII2.

See you arround!

[1] - Samsung Galaxy – Rom Vers
  23. manoccs

manoccs Member

CHMOD's file above works!
    My unlocked Bell galaxy is working again!

Recap:
    -Got my off-the-shelf Bell Galaxy unlocked
    -Updated whole firmware with II5, then L3, then IK4... all of which would not allow me to get North American WCDMA
    -Just flashed the III2 and immediately got a connection/registration on Bell!

So if anyone unknowingly flashed their Bell Galaxy phone *without first deleting the AMSS file from the tar* this file will restore your phone to working order!

You guys rock, thanks everyone for all the help!
  24. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member

Awesome. I feel more inclined to play with my firmware now knowing there is a restore solution. Did you just reflash the AMSS or the whole package?
  25. manoccs

manoccs Member

I flashed the full III2 firmware, then went back and re-flashed II5, but deleted the AMSS portion before flashing.