(Bell) Contact issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. BiGnOsE_QC

BiGnOsE_QC New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there,

It's a few days since I have my Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant from Bell. I love it.

The only contacts i Have are the ones synced with my google account.
    I was randomly getting an error when borwsing contact list until I noticed it hapenned when I was scrolling to the last contact.
    The contact list hangs for a while then show an error about "android.process.acore" the the only option is to "force close".

I tought it was a problem with my last contact, so I deleted it. Guess what, the problem is still there.

Then, I asked 2 of my friends who have the exact same phone with Bell. They have the same problem.

I tried the "Log Collector" app from the market, there is no errors in the log.

Do you guys know how to solve that problem ?
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. BiGnOsE_QC

Come on, any suggestions ? I need your help.

3. BiGnOsE_QC

Ok Guys,

I had a answer form Samsung, Bell customers should get a Firmware Update soon. They say they are in approval from Bell.

4. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Do you have any contacts whose name isn't in English?

5. slay3r

slay3r New Member

I bought the Bell Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant and getting the same error as you. I couldnt find a way to completly fix the issue but if you are using the french interface try to switch it to english. Thats what i did to make my contacts work until they release a firmware. I know its kinda irritating to switch language but if you really need them thats how you should do. Another way that could work is to use another program to stock your contacts and forget about the integrated one. I tried to call Bell and Samsung and they were useless. They just said to go to store to switch phone but obsiousvly there is more than one person getting this error so i doubt if i bring it back to store it will solve my problem.

EDIT: I found a way to fix the contacts problem on another forum. So here you go: Open Samsung Kies and upgrade your Bell Samsung Galaxy S firmware to JH2. If Kies tell you that you cant upgrade from firmwayre JG9 then disconnect your phone then open up the firmware update, then go into test mode pressing ctrl+alt+u+p, then connect your phone and you should be able to update and fix your problem.