• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bell Galaxy - Getting SD cannot mount error

dqm

Lurker
Aug 18, 2010
I recently got an error on mt external SD card. The error says Can not mount external SD card. Mount point absent or incorrect or unplug.

Now both the internal and external storage are unavailable. I cannot even format them.

The external SD card was corrupted by my Galaxy. Out of 8GB, only 5.5 GB was available. Reformatting with Windows 7 didn't help....still only had 8GB.

The phone boots up when the card is plugged into the Galaxy. The phone works - internet, calling, Google maps etc. But the internal and external card storage are both unavailable.

If I remove the card altogether, or use another card, the phone does not boot up.

I have reset the phone and deleted all my data.

I was able to reformat the original 8GB card back to its full capacity using by BB Storm. But I'm still getting the same error.

To make it worse, this seems to be one of the Galaxys where the reset and recovery modes are unavailable.

Any ideas on what I can do?

I have the same problem, cannot read neither the internal nor the external sd cards, and when i connect the phone to my pc it repeatedly enters and exits sync mode. The only solution that i have found so far is to turn on usb debug mode in the phone, then you are able to access the internal sd card. hope this helps a little. if someone finds out the issue and a resolution it would be very much appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones