• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bell Galaxy S Vibrant won't boot up past loading screen

JonnyJai

Lurker
Oct 26, 2010
So this morning i was installing kies onto my laptop so that I could transfer some videos and photos from my galaxy to my computer from my friends birthday. it didnt work and (kept saying the device connected to my usb port has malfunctioned on my computer) so i restarted and phone thinking it just needed a reboot and now it wont go past the S loading screen.

Is there anyway I can get into the phone and get the videos and photos from it? They are from a friends birthday and they're very important because they moved away! any help would be greatly appreciated.

what Ive tried several times already is removing the battery and restarting and no go. Ive turned the phone onto samsung recovery mode and it says:

update media please wait
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)
(I/O error)
E:copy_dbdata_media:Can't mount SDCARD
copy default media content failed

and of course it gives me the options to:
reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

what wipe partition cache do???

I'm in a very similar boat and NEED to get my pictures and videos off my phone as they are of my children. Nothing happened to my phone, it just won't continue with booting up. My brother put DarkyROM on my phone and is stays on the DarkyROM booting screen. It's not frozen per say as the bar still moves, but it won't continue to boot.

Did you get this fixed? Please help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones