Bell HTC Legend in the US

Last Updated:

1. Lonerish

Lonerish Member This Topic's Starter

I bought a bell htc legend and I am using it with at&t. I was wondering if I would still be able to update the phone? Sorry if its a dumb question.

Advertisement
  2. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

Bell has discontinued the Legend here in Canada, and there's rumours that Virgin Mobile (owned by Bell) will also be dumping the Legend. So that would mean no firmware updates for those phones from Bell/Virgin. My wife has a Legend and I'll be updating it to a generic unbranded version 2.1 today after finding out the RUU is available for it. With this version installed, any further updates that HTC releases will be available directly from HTC rather than the carrier and no need to be worried about Bell/Virgin dumping support for it.

I'll post later how it went, but I've done the same with my Telus Desire and no issues with the update, it works great.
    :D

3. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

Ok, updated about an hour ago and it installed perectly. I already made a goldcard when I updated my Desire so I have 3 goldcards, 2 in phones and 1 spare. I should say the update had one problem where the HTC Sync was v3.x and it wouldn't allow the RUU to update the Legend properly throwing a 171 USB error (wrong drivers), so I had to remove and install v2.x to run the update. I don't use the Sync software anyway so I don't need it to be current or anything.

My wife is happy that the update is done and also hopes I stop playing with her phone now.
    :D

4. Lonerish

Lonerish Member This Topic's Starter

I am a noob to this any link to a guide on how to do it?

5. stewy

stewy Well-Known Member

I'm also very interested on the guide you used and the Rom tha5 you used to do this. Thanks for posting!

6. Androidin'

Androidin' Active Member

Did the generic RUU update on my desire and that worked great. Do you have a link to the generic 2.1 Legend RUU?