Bell i7500L Google Maps placing me FAR awaySupport

Last Updated:

1. Snazzy

Snazzy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have the Bell i7500L and I really like it except for one annoyance that I hope you can help me with please. Google maps/Latitude ALWAYS places me in the wrong city of Montreal when idle. I live 4000KM to the West in Vancouver!

Once the GPS or WIFI is turned on and it gets a fix it locates me correctly BUT if I leave google maps to look at any other application or the phones sleeps and I return to maps it thinks I am in Montreal again even though GPS or WIFI is still on. :confused: This behavior is preventing me from enjoying Latitude and location aware applications like Locale. Any help is welcome. Thank you.

When I first got the i7500L maps would place me in Croatia! At least now I am in the right country.

Advertisement
  2. informale

informale Well-Known Member

3. alanfischer85

alanfischer85 Member

I am a Bell user... the same is happening with me. I live in Toronto but sometimes google maps and latitude point me to montreal. Do not know whether it is a Bell issue or not. I am looking forward to unlock it and try it on in another country or at least with another service provider (Fido, Rogers, ...).