Benchmark Results Stock 800mhz & 1000 mhz

Last Updated:

1. rndinit0

rndinit0 Member This Topic's Starter

These benchmarks were taken with: Quadrant Standard

550 mhz Score: 351
    800 mhz Score: 441
    1000 mhz Score: 569

Thought that I share these incase someone was curious.

I have a Android 2.1 Motorola Milestone.
    Its interesting to note that at 1000mhz when compared against the online database of benchmark results the Milestone placed higher than the Nexus 2.1. Though of course the nexus 2.2 still lead the charts.

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

I just ran mine at 1GHz and the result is 596 - right above N1 2.1 and below only Galaxy S, Moto shadow 2.2 and N1 2.2

Not bad, really.

3. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

I ran mine and the score is 691, above the N1 < 2.2 and below Galaxy S < 2.2, Shadow < 2.2 and N1 2.2.

My Milestone runs a Custom EU ROM 2.1 clocked at 1GHz using just the kernel module and SetCPU. I did however remove a bunch of system apps that I don't need.

EDIT: Just ran it again today and got a score of 735.

4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

What apps did you remove?

5. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

Here's the list of the removed apps. I keep them in a backup directory on my SD card.

[​IMG]

The two directories at the top are just framework backups for changing themes.

Szadzik likes this.
  6. Eggos

Eggos Active Member

550MHz: 471
    800MHz: 625
    1 GHz: 721
    Tried 1.2 GHz for the heck of it: 794

i haven't bothered to remove any extras since reflashing, it's running the Telus Stock

7. hwonggc

hwonggc Member

seriously~~~ what u guyz did your phone? i'm running 1.2 ghz and it scored 668 only?!

8. Stooge89

Stooge89 Member

1200mhz, 80vsel - 692
    1000mhz, 72vsel - 605
    800mhz, 66vsel - 507
    600mhz, 60vsel - 385
    550mhz, 56vsel - 364
    Custom 1000mhz, 66vsel - 593

I leave my milestone on the default 550, and usually the custom 1000 for browsing or games or stuff like that, and then once and awhile 1200mhz for showing off the goods.

9. MiRaGe

MiRaGe Well-Known Member

Hi, would you tell me which Rom you are using and do you use any taskkiller?
    And how did you remove the apps- using root explorer and just delete them or kind of uninstall them?
    Also would you tell me if you are using Telus- kernel SHOLS_U_03.10.0?

10. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

@MiRaGe
    I'm using the "Europe Android 2.1 w/ Root and QWERTZ Layout by Bavilo" from this site:
    Motorola Milestone ROMs | The Unlockr
    (this is actually a nandroid backup somebody made of his modified Milestone, the instructions for how to flash this are on the link I provided, just search around a bit)

And I had to reflash the boot.img because of the known clock and music bug with the SHOLS_U2_03.10.0:
    boot_img_from_SHOLS_U2_03.10.0.zip

This fixes the broken scheduling of Alarm/RTC interrupts on the SHOLS_U2_02.31 and SHOLS_U2_02.34 systems (kernel problem - alarms delayed).

Then I used Root Explorer to move the system apps from /system/app/ to /sdcard/backup/ (use multi select inside Root Explorer for convenience - Menu -> Multi-select).

Be careful when moving the Launcher.apk! Before you do that, you need to install a replacement for your launcher (Launcher Pro or Home++ or Helix Launcher etc.).

If you need to restore a system app from the backup dir, you need to copy/move it back to the /system/app dir and reset the permissions for that file (this step is super important, if you don't do it your apps will force close). Just long press on the apk you copied/moved back to the /system/app and select "Permissions", make sure the permissions look like this:
    [​IMG]

The same procedure goes for any other app that you want to install as a system app - just copy the apk to /system/app and set the permissions like shown in the screenshot, then restart your phone and the app will be installed.

Finally after moving the system apps you can restart your phone and go to the application manager to remove the leftovers of system apps. You'll know which they are because they'll have the default green/white android icon and their label will be the name of the file and not the name of the app (long strange names with dots and sh*t).

christine600 and MiRaGe like this.
  11. MiRaGe

MiRaGe Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot!!!
    And is there any specify when remove the apps from /system/app folder?
    Any permissions I have to set before?
    Actually could you explain to me the whole procedure of complete removing of apps from system folder, because last time I just deleted them and lost my mails receiving capabilities..

12. Kami

Kami Member

You don't need to do anything special.

/system must be mounted as read & and write (rw) so you can actually delete the files and thats it.

13. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

No special preparation is needed, just move them to another directory (sdcard is a good choice to free up system space).

What you probably did wrong is that you removed a vital system app and then got a lot of force closes.
    The German forum has a list of system apps and labeled each of them green/black/red/blue, I think you can figure out that the red color means "DON'T REMOVE ... EVER".
    Welche APPS d

christine600, MiRaGe and Kami like this.
  14. MiRaGe

MiRaGe Well-Known Member

Thanks again!
    When I flash the Telus' kernel I have to rename it on update.zip, haven't I?

edit. Oh, I figured it out- it's .sbf- means with RDS..

15. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

The kernel fix is a ZIP file which you need to extract to get the SBF and then flash the SBF using RSD Lite.

Talking about this file -> boot_img_from_SHOLS_U2_03.10.0.zip

RSD Lite -> motorola_milestone:tools:rsd_lite [And Developers]

Flash the SBF from bootloader mode (hold power + d-pad up, after screen flashes release). Connect your phone to your PC using the USB cable and fire up RSD Lite. select your phone from the list and select the SBF you extracted, then flash it. It should be a very quick flash since you're only flashing the boot.img. After the status says PASS, you can disconnect your phone.

16. MiRaGe

MiRaGe Well-Known Member

It was strange that all my settings and data were safe after I did nandroid restore
    with the custom rom. Is this normal?

Can I put in system/app folder any other applications by my choice?

17. Eggos

Eggos Active Member

It means it wasn't a complete restore from the nandroid backup. When you create the backup, you can choose what is backed up, and what is restored when you use it (Ie if you want user data, apps, settings etc, or just the Android system files used in a ROM).

18. MiRaGe

MiRaGe Well-Known Member

I did follow the guide given from UnLockers... what I have to do now?

19. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

Actually the procedure described on the unlocker site makes you do a android backup of your system and then copy the moded system imgs over yours. Your data partition isn't wiped in the process, so your settings should stay.

20. MiRaGe

MiRaGe Well-Known Member

In this case do I have to do wipe or everything is ok now?

I am wondering how you've managed to reach 700pts on 1GHz? I made this result only at 1200MHz..

21. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

22. MiRaGe

MiRaGe Well-Known Member

I got error in adb shell:

busybox: not found

What to do, I installed busybox via Titanium backup before doing adb stuff ..

23. Kami

Kami Member

You don't need busybox, you can just use chmod binary which comes with the system.

In any case, enabling JIT can be risky, especially if you are using custom widgets and / or home screen replacement (my phone went into an infinite reboot loop and I needed to disable it).

MiRaGe likes this.
  24. MiRaGe

MiRaGe Well-Known Member

fejker, do you know which file in system/apps is "Corporate Directory" in the menu?

25. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

Corporate Directory is probably the address book for your corporate e-mail (exchange stuff).