• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Benchmark scores

A gpu weaker than the one in the S3, on a screen with 2x as many pixels, is sold? I really hope you're being sarcastic.

What are you talking about? Mali 400 and Adreno 225 are old and outclassed now, accept it. Even with the higher resolution it will beat the S3 with ease.

Look at these benchmarks, it's the SGX543 MP3/MP4 in the lead here by a huge margin and early rumours suggested the S4 will be SGX544MP3 with a higher clockspeed. Plus we already know it outperforms Adreno 320 as it pretty much matched performance in antutu even though the Galaxy S4 is running a higher resolution.

AnandTech - Google Nexus 4 Review - Google's new Flagship

I will probably never get the point of benchmark scores and the help of making a purchase decision it provides (besides, they can be faked).

I guess I am getting old.

Depends on the source, but once the phone is reviewed by respectable sites and benchmarked we will know for sure.

The reason for wanting to know the results should be obvious, the better the performance the more future-proof it becomes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones