• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Benchmark tests DX - Evo - N1 (Froyo)

That's amazing! I didn't exactly know how much faster the Droid X was, but after seeing this... WOW. I can't wait to root this bad boy and put 2.2 on it! It will be indisputably the fastest Android phone to date.

Droid X really blew the EVO out in every test. I feel a little embarrassed for them that the EVO was beat so easily. I guess it's just another reason to get the X.

It also reaches 60FPS WITHOUT a hack. :)

Upvote 0
I think a lot of people who bought or were waiting for the evo will be moving over to the DX...can only try to justify and rationalize for so long...and with the quality issues that the evo is having, it's a no-brainer in my eyes.

Hopefully the Droid X will not have too many quality issues. I'm expecting there to be some since all phones have to have some... even the iPhone 4 wasn't immune at all as everyone knows by now.

The reviewers have been saying that it feels solid and not cheap at all and commend Motorola for making a well built phone.

Upvote 0
I think a lot of people who bought or were waiting for the evo will be moving over to the DX...can only try to justify and rationalize for so long...and with the quality issues that the evo is having, it's a no-brainer in my eyes.

the inc and iphone too.

moto is onto something here: High performance, Quality build, Killer software all on the number 1 network

Upvote 0
Hopefully the Droid X will not have too many quality issues. I'm expecting there to be some since all phones have to have some... even the iPhone 4 wasn't immune at all as everyone knows by now.

The reviewers have been saying that it feels solid and not cheap at all and commend Motorola for making a well built phone.

I think all early adopters are fully willing to forgive having to take one back to get one that is without issue. But I think with the evo, it's gotten to a point where people are almost afraid to exchange out of fear of ending up with one with even more issues. When I returned mine, I fully intended to get another one from a later batch but after seeing so many people on their 3rd evo and still having problems I decided I didn't want the headache.

Most people who browse these forums want the latest goodies, but also understand that there's always going to be something newer on the horizon. It's just nature of the beast. What most of us don't want is to wonder whether we've got the latest version of the same phone...which is where I think the evo is at right now...

To me, I look at the droid line of phones as motorola's flagship whereas the evo is just another phone in htc's quest to churn out as many different models of phones as possible. So hopefully, the quality control/design will reflect this relative importance, which I think it will. ....can't get much worse than what is happening with the evo.

Upvote 0
I think HTC doesn't have quite the high standards of manufacturing since they are popping new phones out every few months they may feel people will just move onto the new thing and leave the old ones behind. I think this is why Motorola is doing so well they limit the number of phones they produce to about 1 a year or so. They focus more on making quality phones that will last.

Upvote 0
I think HTC doesn't have quite the high standards of manufacturing since they are popping new phones out every few months they may feel people will just move onto the new thing and leave the old ones behind. I think this is why Motorola is doing so well they limit the number of phones they produce to about 1 a year or so. They focus more on making quality phones that will last.

Motorola launching 20-30 Android phones in 2010 -- Engadget

however, i do agree that htc is building crap right now.

Upvote 0
This is the one thing that makes me wish I waited a couple more weeks and gotten the X instead of Evo. The Evo is still a great phone but unfortunately the proc/SoC it uses is just so old (Toshiba came out with the TG01 like 3 years ago using it) and it can't keep up with the newer OMAP's. I'm oh so tempted to grab the X but can't justify the cost and switch for just this, even though its impressive. I'm sure if that Evo had a stock build of 2.1 W/O Sense it would have a slightly higher score then it currently does and with 2.2 it should be right around the N1's scores. Still won't beat the X on 2.2 by a long shot but oh well this is what happens when you want to have the newest device.....I can always live vicariously through you Fabo.

Upvote 0
This is the one thing that makes me wish I waited a couple more weeks and gotten the X instead of Evo. The Evo is still a great phone but unfortunately the proc/SoC it uses is just so old (Toshiba came out with the TG01 like 3 years ago using it) and it can't keep up with the newer OMAP's. I'm oh so tempted to grab the X but can't justify the cost and switch for just this, even though its impressive. I'm sure if that Evo had a stock build of 2.1 W/O Sense it would have a slightly higher score then it currently does and with 2.2 it should be right around the N1's scores. Still won't beat the X on 2.2 by a long shot but oh well this is what happens when you want to have the newest device.....I can always live vicariously through you Fabo.

Don't worry, at this rate you can replace the word "Evo" with "Droid X" in a couple of months. With a possible 2ghz processor phone on the horizon, or if the Droid Pro shapes up nicely, then the bar will continue to be raised rapidly..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones