• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Benchmarks and other comparisons/impressions

The inference is clear, the gpu is only obviously faster for some uses of the graphics API. Depending on the specific stress, it's not faster.

Neither the favorable nor unfavorable benchmarks matter for your use beyond what the app devs for games you prefer will use. Those devs would do well to use the benchmark results in choosing their calls wisely. Benchmarks are tools for devs, not horse races - the results must always correlate to use.

Upvote 0
New version of Nenamark2 is out

Galaxy S II is ahead by a huge margin, I scored 49.1 fps :D

Sensation scores 26.06 fps but is at a disadvantage due the resolution.

Nena Innovation AB - NenaMark results

other than it using a lot of certain api calls that happen to be faster on the apparently generally slower chip

Or it happens to be faster on other hardware or slower on others when coded in a certain way, which is more likely.

I'm not really seing much point in the game test in smartbench right now, waste of time running it.

Upvote 0
Seems pretty comprehensive and trustworthy - I got a whopping 4.9 fps on my Evo! :D :D

Yeah - fast graphics it never had.

Trusting Nenamark2, I'd expect that the Sensation might degrade by a 1/3 at best due to resolution differences - maybe get around 33 fps all things being equal. So, either Sense or the 8x60 is pulling it below the SGS2, imo only.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones