benefits of rooting right now

Last Updated:

1. phirefaux

phirefaux Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Id love to root my devour but voiding out the warranty bugs me a little. I know I can't flash it with 2.2 yet, but is wifi tethering the only thing that'll come of rooting so far? Id like to overclock it but what else might I be able to do? I have no interest in removing bloatware or anything

Advertisement
  2. snowboarderxd1

snowboarderxd1 Well-Known Member

There isn't much yet ,but what i have done with Root is

Titanium Back Up
    Root Explorer
    Wifi Tether
    SetCPU - i changed the levels alittle but idk if its doing anything, i lowered them because my phonen died a little fast, and it also heated up

If theres anything else u want me to try out im willing on doing it I have been trying to Theme my notification bar but i have no luck so far in that one

3. phirefaux

Id like to see if anyone notices any considerable gains in overclocking. I'm tempted to download that new psx emulator but I have little faith that it'll run on my devour right now. Maybe if I could root and overclock it'll work fine

4. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Member

How does one go about overclocking? This phone was given to me by my rep, so I am tempted to push as hard as I can with it.

*Root completed*

5. phirefaux

OverClocking 101 - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

check that out, the first post is for the droid itself, it says to check out the 2nd post which seems to be more general for all other android phones.

havent tried it myself but this thread gave me some proper insight into the subject.