Bent Droid?

Last Updated:

1. pillsbury103@yahoo.com

pillsbury103@yahoo.com New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,
    I just received a replacement Droid from Verizon for one that was having signal issues. While using my newer one, I realized that it is a bit...bent. I'm not sure if I just didn't realize this or if the Droid was always like this.

I don't know how well you can see the bit of light underneath the middle of the phone but here is a picture:
    [​IMG]

Should I take this back?

Thanks guys!

Advertisement
  2. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

Wow...That isn't supposed to be like that. If it came like that, I'd totally take it back.

3. LZeitgeist

LZeitgeist Well-Known Member

Heck yeah, take that thing back. It looks like it lived in someone's back pocket until the screen broke and then it got sent in for refurbishment.

4. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

Yea, that's definitely not how it's supposed to be. yea, there's ridges on the edges to lift the phone up a bit so ya can hear the speaker when laying down, but the rest of the phone's lines should be straight. You can clearly see on the side of the phone how much it's actually curved.

5. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

If I got that thing, I would contact Verizon about sending it back and ask to speak to a supervisor. It should be made clear to Motorola and Verizon that it really doesn't leave a good taste in your mouth when you send one phone back for signal issues to get a refurb that has a new "flexible body" feature added. Quality control on Droids is really disgusting; it's disheartening that you know you're buying such a great phone, but only if you somehow manage to get one without any issues.

6. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

Not only this but I would add something like "I have been a Verizon customer for X number of years, etc" and that you are infuriated by such products. I would also demand that the next one that is sent be PROPERLY checked that it has no obvious cosmetic flaws. And also you should something about how you have lost time off your paid data plan because of mistakes from Verizon's/Moto's end. You might get compensated for your troubles.

7. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

Halleluja, AMEN, BROTHA! lol :p

8. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

I agree with this. You may very well get some sort of compensation if you press hard enough, but you won't get anything if you don't push. How does quality control manage to let a Droid in that condition through? All it takes is a split-second glance at the thing from any of the edges to realize that something is definitely wrong.

9. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

That's a blunder so ridiculous on their part that you may even have trouble convincing them you didn't didn't bend it yourself. (Be prepared.)

10. GoNe2heLL

GoNe2heLL Well-Known Member

i'm pretty sure they'll replace it w/ out giving you any crap but as far as getting compensated they won't give you more than # of days you were w/ out the phone .... so $1 a day on the data pack part. also be nice to the rep firm but nice remember it's not the rep that went to the warehouse and sent you the crappy phone all they did was send it the request for it.

11. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's totally bent. Like many have already mentioned, go to Verizon and respectfully demand a new replacement and some sort of compensation. I'd even shoot for the moon here, as you never know what you might get (maybe a free accessory or something for your troubles). But remember that the sales person you're speaking with isn't the one responsible for sending you the bent phone, so don't take out all your frustrations with him/her. If the sales person can't help you, ask to speak with a manager. And make sure you go into an actual Verizon store or speak to an actual Verizon employee should you handle this over the phone (personally I'd prefer to do this in person so they can compare your bent phone to one they have that isn't bent). Don't deal with someone at one of the smaller "authorized retailers." They don't actually work for Verizon and will say anything to you to get your business. Good luck and let us know what happens.

12. binglejellsx2

binglejellsx2 Well-Known Member

To the OP, I just want to say thank you! With the body being made of metal, it didn't occur to me that my own phone's "warpage" could have been due to the device itself being twisted. There were no visual cues that it was bent. Laying flat on a table, it would "rock" left and right when you'd tap the screen. A few twists and it's flat again.

As for your phone, that is definitely out of spec - that actually looks really disgusting. Good luck getting a replacement, and as others said, you may have a bit of difficulty explaining to them that you didn't do it yourself.

13. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

wow, I am sorry to hear about that. Sucks though because I can not view the picture that you took.

14. quark

quark Member

how did it ever get like that and still work?? take it back!

15. badandy0014

badandy0014 Active Member

First words out of my mouth when I saw that pic... "Dayum! That's one bent phone right there." I would definitely not tolerate that phone because the slider could wear out much faster due to more rubbing than it should be experiencing. Good thing to tell them if they wonder why you can't just deal with having a banana-shaped phone.

16. Psychokitty

Psychokitty Well-Known Member

Guys, I think he sat on it himself and was playing us.
    -He hasn't posted a thing since, and let's face it, you'd have to be pretty much re-tarded to not realize how f***ed-up that Droid is.