• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Yep, I'm not making it a secret that ill be selling this thing in six months when the big names finally get theirs out. By then they'd finally get tegra running as a fully certified android tablet.

You can't make a purchase based on hardware specs because they're just now working out what's supposed to go into a slate and whatever you get now will be phased out in three months.

If you're looking for longevity, this is a bad time to be buying a tablet.

Upvote 0
Hmm....interesting points.....do you guys mean the hardware will start malfunctioning in 6 months or much better hardware will be coming out in 6 months?

Big names like acer and asus will be presenting their own android tablets in january at the ces, with everyone else sure to follow. I'm expecting it to follow the way the netbook evolved and we'll get to see where the slates are going in about a year.

Upvote 0
Big names like acer and asus will be presenting their own android tablets in january at the ces, with everyone else sure to follow. I'm expecting it to follow the way the netbook evolved and we'll get to see where the slates are going in about a year.

So you have the archos 101? I just put in a order for one tonight. Should i be worried now?

Upvote 0
No need to be, mine was part of the first shipment and so far, everyone that got it has been very happy with theirs.

If you want a tablet for what it can do right now, the archos and tab are the prime candidates. They're working and stable enough for the regular joe. And good enough that it should be able to handle anything i can think of for the next year. The only significant advantage the future slates will have is advanced 3D capability, screen technology and more RAM. None of which are critical for what i'm using it on (Video playback, ebook reading, networking, light multitasking, web browsing).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones