best 10 inch tablet

Last Updated:

1. DeeJayCruiser

DeeJayCruiser Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey al im looking for any tips on the most cost efficient android tablet out now

The basics i need are

1 ghz dual core cpu
    512 ram
    10 inch screen
    Usb port
    Wifi

Any help or links to siteas would be great

Advertisement
  2. Hajile_Ibushi

Hajile_Ibushi Well-Known Member

3. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

Archos is the only game in town right now but their hardware is crap over the long term.

4. Hajile_Ibushi

Yep, I'm not making it a secret that ill be selling this thing in six months when the big names finally get theirs out. By then they'd finally get tegra running as a fully certified android tablet.

You can't make a purchase based on hardware specs because they're just now working out what's supposed to go into a slate and whatever you get now will be phased out in three months.

If you're looking for longevity, this is a bad time to be buying a tablet.

5. wendywind123

wendywind123 New Member

what's the name of this tablet?

6. DeeJayCruiser

DeeJayCruiser Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hmm....interesting points.....do you guys mean the hardware will start malfunctioning in 6 months or much better hardware will be coming out in 6 months?

7. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

For me I've found that Archos products just start to break down. They aren't known for using the most high quality parts. That's just me take it with a grain of salt. I'm sure others have had better experiences.

Archos is like Apples bad brother. :)

8. Hajile_Ibushi

Big names like acer and asus will be presenting their own android tablets in january at the ces, with everyone else sure to follow. I'm expecting it to follow the way the netbook evolved and we'll get to see where the slates are going in about a year.

9. hawkijustin

hawkijustin Well-Known Member

So you have the archos 101? I just put in a order for one tonight. Should i be worried now?

10. Hajile_Ibushi

No need to be, mine was part of the first shipment and so far, everyone that got it has been very happy with theirs.

If you want a tablet for what it can do right now, the archos and tab are the prime candidates. They're working and stable enough for the regular joe. And good enough that it should be able to handle anything i can think of for the next year. The only significant advantage the future slates will have is advanced 3D capability, screen technology and more RAM. None of which are critical for what i'm using it on (Video playback, ebook reading, networking, light multitasking, web browsing).

11. bdal1

bdal1 Well-Known Member

I'll likely be selling my 101 on ebay in about a year. I think $300 is a good prie point. That way I don't feel so guilty, when I get bored of it or when newer technology comes out.
    If I'm real lucky i'll get $75 for it.