Best 32Gb Micro SD card for SGS2?Tips

Last Updated: 2012-06-16 09:42:15
  1. SilverDroid

SilverDroid Well-Known Member

Regarding to those who asked about SD vs SDHC, theyre the same thing. HC just stands for high capacity.

Lexar do a 32GB SDHC Class 10 for

Advertisement
  2. VegasTouch

VegasTouch Well-Known Member

I have a 16GB class 4 Kingston. Loads up plenty fast but if you want rea speed, get a class 10...lol. They are well under a $100 now for the 32GB compared to last year this time.
  3. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

That's not really true, they are different standards and SDHC cards will not necessarily work in an SD slot.

That Lexmark card looks good value but I searched high and low about a fortnight ago and absolutely everywhere was out of stock. Do you know anywhere that has them in stock?
  4. kmorm

kmorm Member

So, Whats the different between classes?
  5. Darkflame

Darkflame Well-Known Member

Transfer speed.

I find class 2 (2MB per second) more than adequate for both video and music (but only if you use a dedicated card reader instead of the phone).

I do this for multi GB transfers (with my card reader i get 4MB speeds on a class 2 card and 6MB on a class 4).

I've never paid more than
  6. Fluffer

Fluffer Member

7. Darkflame

I usually go by how long the warranties are and existing user reviews (i won't buy ANYTHING if there is no user reviews, far too risky).

32gb Micro SD cards are currently very expensive, you don't want to buy one that will only last / be covered for replacement for only a year now do you?
    Fluffer likes this.
  8. Slim514

Slim514 New Member

So if I understand correctly, if I buy a 32GB Kingston C4 and I record my 1080p video, I will not see any difference in quality as opposed to a C10. As well as running apps? And that I would only notice the difference if I transfer data to my PC?
  9. DrBob737

DrBob737 New Member

I just purchased a Kingston Class 4 32GB SD Microcard for my SGS2 at US$38 from HK and it would only load 4GB. The E Bay supplier gave me my money back and was convinced card was not second but from China manufacturing plant that was reputable. Anyway I am now looking for another 32GB Class 6 SD card in another brand . Kingston is lost for for me. I have confirmed formatting on PC and within phone keeps formatting to 32Gb fine but will only load 4GB of music/videos etc
  10. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Got my 64GB Micro SDXC card today from Sandisk - not meant to be compatible with the SGSII but if you format it to Fat32 it seems to be working fine...
  11. Darkflame

Ebay is full of fake memory cards, buy from a proper retailer instead.

I got my 32gb class 4 Kingston microSD card about 6 months ago from ebuyer.com for 50 quid and it's still going strong.

Can you update us on how things are going after you have filled up all 64gb?

Cheers
  12. NZtechfreak

I have 47GB of stuff on there so far, all fine.
  13. Darkflame

14. NZtechfreak

I will. Although it works for now there is always the question of whether it will corrupt itself or something in longer term use outside the manufacturers guidance.
  15. Darkflame

San-disks limited warranties for MicroSD cards is usually 5 years.
  16. NZtechfreak

Not sure if the warranty applies when I've changed the format of the card and using it in a device that isn't recommended!
  17. fonegyro

fonegyro Well-Known Member

Got my Sandisk 32GB class 4 yesterday (Amazon
  18. PhoneMan1

PhoneMan1 New Member

19. Intercrew

Intercrew Well-Known Member

Does the class number matter for apps or games? Say if I wanna play modern combat 3(not out yet on android but will be this month) it's a 1.7gb game once installed and that game is really heavy on the graphics for my iPhone, would that game be slowed down or any performance drop if it were to be on a class 2 or 4 card?
  20. Intercrew

Bump, for those who may have missed my question. Been a couple of days so I hope bumping is okay? Sorry
  21. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

See this topic. A Class 4 card should be more than adequate if storage is the main use.
  22. Intercrew

Hmm so applications on a sd card will run fine im assuming? even if it's a heavy app?
    I'm thinking of getting a 16gb class 6 lexar card
  23. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I have no problem running apps from a Transcend card in my Desire Z.
  24. Remeniz

Remeniz Well-Known Member