RickyDavis1051 Well-Known Member

Which one do you guys prefer and why?
    1.) Go SMS Pro
    2.) Chomp SMS
    3.) Handcent SMS

Advertisement
  2. jds4000

jds4000 Well-Known Member

Handcent. Hands down. Feature packed, easily customizable, simply great app.
  3. sbebenelli

sbebenelli Member

I have been a long time Handcent user but never liked how it handled picture slides. In the last week I tried GO SMS and like how it does the picture slides. Other than that they both seem really close to the same.
  4. sleedeane

sleedeane Well-Known Member

GoSMS. Hands down.
  5. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

They're all crap as far as I can tell. I replace the samsung one with the standard android one, slightly modified
  6. sleedeane

?
  7. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

GoSms IMHO = crap
    Handcent IMHO = crap
    Chomp sms IMHO = crap.

They all "add additional functionality" yet they all have their quirks and not one of them manages to present a pure black theme without being ugly.

A black AOSP messaging app blews all 3 out of the water (IMHO)
  8. sleedeane

With GoSMS, you can create your own theme. Black, white, blue, purple...
  9. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

.. yet remains ugly. Don't be offended I don't agree with you. Its a subjective question after all
  10. sleedeane

Its all good.
    I'm not offended just because i'm defending Go.
    To each their own.
    :cool:
  11. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

If it helps, I use go launcher almost religiously ;)

I can never find a nice contacts app either. They all either fail to be purely black or contain naff rendering effects. I want flat black

And thanks for saying "to each.. " instead of "each to..."... annoys me nearly as much as "could care less" instead of "couldn't care mess"

;)
    sleedeane likes this.
  12. RickyDavis1051

I'm currently using GoSMS pro. Only thing that I don't like about it that the stock messaging has is the swipe left goes straight to text and swipe right lets you call, I really like that.
  13. sleedeane

GoContacts doesn't have the swipe feature.
    But when you click on the contact, you have the option to click on message or call.
  14. berryracer

berryracer Well-Known Member

Can I do that without Rooting and how?

Thanks
  15. Dragbike Racer

Dragbike Racer Well-Known Member

I like Chomp, used it for several years now. Tried the others and just didn't care for them.
  16. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

Unfortunately not :(
  17. danbear777

danbear777 Active Member

I'm actually looking for a good sms app is well I have yet to find 1 that fits all my needs. Right now I'm using chomp
  18. ace2osama

ace2osama New Member

i just want to send batch messages to more than 10 people otherwise the stock sms app is good enough for me. any recommendations?
    also i dont want it to b a battery or memory hog. im currently using handcent and i find it nice but it also has a limit of 15 receivers per sms and has too many useless features
  19. paroots

paroots Well-Known Member

I'm looking for an sms app that handles groups. By that I mean that when I receive a text message that's also sent to others, my message lists everyone on the distribution and when I reply it goes to everyone. Go SMS Pro handles it sometimes, but not at other times. Handcent SMS requires you to download something that moves it from an individual into the group message. Also, the app must do this when communicating with iPhone's iMessage since we mostly text with family on iPhones. Any suggestions appreciated.
    Pete
  20. Cursed Chico

Cursed Chico Well-Known Member

But go sms, no more local back up :(
  21. paroots

What do you mean? My Go SMS Pro v4.66 backs up to sdcard daily at 0300.
    Pete
  22. Cursed Chico

Really? When i try to baxkup, it shows backuping to cloud server, i cant see anything to backtp sd card just like at old versions. How do you do that?
  23. paroots

On my Go SMS Pro I go to Menu/Settings/Go SMS Services/Settings Backup and Restore. Then I can enable Auto schedule backup eg, Daily and set Backup period eg, Daily.
    Pete
  24. Cursed Chico

Can you try manual back up and restore please? MAybe this wont let.
  25. RickyDavis1051

Cool thing with gosms pro is u can send unlimited (okay Idk about that) but I sent 75 people a text at once unlike the stock messaging app