1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Best Accelerometer 3D Car Racing Game !

Last Updated:

1. nirvan

nirvan New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Guys,

I have just got a Android 2.1 enabled device. I am looking out for the Best 3D Car Racing Game which works on Motion Accelerometer. Of course a free version is what I am looking out for. Any suggestions.

Cheers !

Advertisement
  2. ranova

ranova Well-Known Member

3. StuartTheFish

StuartTheFish Well-Known Member

Asphalt 5 is garbage. Doesn't always run smoothly, individual sound effects can often cut out for no reason, doesn't particularly play well, a waste of money. Pretty much the same as any other gameloft game I've tried. There's a reason they don't like putting stuff on the android market, there'd be too many people getting refunds.

I'd recommend NFS shift if you can get it running on your phone, or raging thunder 2 was okay.

4. Palpoule

Palpoule Member

i guess raging thunder's ok, but i think its quite hard to get used to its controls

asphalt 5's gr8 (graphics, sound, gameplay) but at some points in the maps it runs with low fps (8-10) on my 1GHz N1 !

nsf shift seams WOW from the vids and reviews but i havent tried it yet

5. portal

portal Member

nfs shift by far
    gfx are like between psx and ps2

6. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

No performance issues with Asphalt 5 on my Galaxy S, NFS Shift is the best one though.

7. Feeshie

Feeshie Well-Known Member

Out of all the racing games I've tried, I think Raging Thunder 2 has the best graphics and game play.

8. daveloft

daveloft Well-Known Member

Asphalt 6 if you have the hardware for it.

9. Shocky

Shocky On Probation

Nice thread resurrection. :)

Fast 5 is also pretty good, niether are completely smooth though even on Galaxy S.

10. shaolin95

shaolin95 Well-Known Member

Yes not even at 1.5Ghz because Gameloft screwed their Galaxy S racing games during one of the Asphalt 5 upgrades. Before that upgrade, the games were running hardware accelerated.
    I am trying to convince them to check what they did to break performance.

11. Skyfall

Skyfall Active Member

Need for speed shift is the best IMO.

12. daveloft

daveloft Well-Known Member

I was running Darky's Rom 10 RC6 and both Fast Five and Asphalt 6 ran very smooth. Unfortunately I didn't find the ROM that stable so I went back Darky's Rom 9.5. Back on 2.2.1 I definitely noticed a drop in framerate. Hopefully Darky's Rom 10 Final will be finished soon as their excellent games.

13. big3etr

big3etr Active Member

Need For Speed: Shift without a doubt. Nothing even close to the graphics and game play. But it is a racing SIM and not arcade racer...Sounds are great too. Plays flawlessly on my SGS with 2.2

14. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Well-Known Member

Speedx 3d. It is a weird trippy racing game. Not car racing. You will have to see it to get it. It is cool.

Riche101 likes this.
  15. stanlalee

stanlalee Well-Known Member

I've never played NFS but of those "normal" racing ones I have raging thunder ONE is better than RT2 and Asphalt 6 IMO (which runs flawlessly on rooted Tbolt). Raging thunder 2 and especially Asphalt are too arcadish like chucky cheese games that dont really reward precision driving. The ORIGINAL raging thunder actually rewards precision driving without nonsense tackling other vehicles, fake cartoon oversteer or handicaping poor driving to the point endless mistakes still results in victories. the upgrades are felt most proportionately as well (every car I have in Asphalt 6 have numerous upgrades yet I cant tell). Aspalt and RT2 just look better and make more cool noises but the raging thunder one emulates real racing much better.

Drift Mania is the most realistic of them all. Hell the big turbo Z even has noticeable turbo lag. Practice is definately required and skill rewarded accordingly. I like the ones that emulate not just look cool and having you go around courses reaching unrealistic mega speeds.

16. shaolin95

shaolin95 Well-Known Member

GT Racing, Shift are very smooth and nice games. Fast 5 is nice but I wish they will fix their engine to be hardware accelerated :(

17. yazaki

yazaki New Member

hi everyone. i am new to this site and its difficult for me to download an application. anyone can help me?

18. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Well-Known Member

What application are you having trouble downloading? Tell us what kind of phone and version of Android you have.

19. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Is NFS: shift still the best car racing game out there? Has any new racing game that has surpassed it?

20. Mobile Gamer

Mobile Gamer Member

Thanks, I have also been looking for a good racing game, I'll try RT2.

21. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Well-Known Member

I would have to say yes, I believe NFS Shift is still the best racing game for Android right now. I personally don't like tilt driving, but NFS Shift is absolutely superb in it's tilt driving. The graphics I believe are still superior to that of say Asphalt 6 the newest in that series. I play on the Evo 3D and the game is very stunning on that device.

Roze likes this.