Best Affordable Case with Holster/Belt Clip?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. elwray

elwray Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've read a bunch of reviews on various cases, but it seems like most people aren't going with a holster/belt clip with their Incredibles. I would really like to have a belt clip.

After going through 20$ worth of flea market cases (two soft silicone that stretched out after a week and wouldn't slip in my pocket, plastic snap on case that collected dirt inside and belt clip snapped first day) I finally realized you do, in fact, get what you pay for :p

Currently I have the "hard" feeling silicone case from Verizon (~$18) in red which actually is very very nice - except I would really prefer something with a belt clip.

I suppose I could try and find a pouch to fit in my Incredible+Red silicone case, but I'd rather something like this:

Innocase Rugged Holster Combo For use with HTC Droid Incredible

However I find it hard to believe that there are no cheaper alternatives (<$50) the provide a similar solution without getting a POS flea market case. Seidio must be making a killing on those!

If that's the price of the case, so be it - I will order one - but wanted to get the input of the members here before I pulled the trigger.

EDIT: I would like to add that the size increase is of no consequence so me, unless of course it adds significant thickness to it.

Advertisement
  2. RustyNail

RustyNail Well-Known Member

Have you looked at the one from VZN?

3. elwray

VZN=Verizon?

If so, I read a few reviews on that and people seemed to complain that the case did not have protection on the top, as well as the phone sliding out of the holster unexpectedly.

4. dan h

dan h Well-Known Member

You could buy just the holster part and use it with your current case. I believe others here have done that.

5. RustyNail

RustyNail Well-Known Member

Yes, the one from Verizon. It's not perfect, but it was fairly priced and I'm satisfied with it (especially after I exchanged my original one for the newer version with the lip at the top).

6. elwray

Oh they made a new version with a lip at the top?? That's good news; I'll have to check that out!

7. jaymf

jaymf Well-Known Member

The newer version may be hard to find, the stores I've been to haven't had it. I have an old one and was trying to exchange. I also have the high gloss silicone case in black and it fits in the holster and seems to hold pretty well - shaking upside down doesn't dislodge the phone.

8. jtcarnes

jtcarnes Well-Known Member

I've been using the Seidio Innocase II for a while now and am very happy with it. I've got the Rugged upgrade kit on the way as well, but it hasn't arrived yet.

I believe that you DO get what you pay for and isn't it worth $50-$75, in the long run, to protect a $600 device? It certainly is to me.

9. elwray

Let me know how you like that rugged upgrade kit. I really like the look of it. For the time being, I've got it in the silicone VZW "skin" and keeping it in a belt pouch/magnetic clip holster.