Best AfterMarket Music PlayerGeneral

1. flboy91

flboy91 Well-Known Member

Need some opinions... trying to decide...

Whats the best player im your opinion???

*power saving
    *easiest to use
    *good sound

Im already running Power Amp... anything better?? o_O

Advertisement
    :
  2. VeNoMzRevenge

VeNoMzRevenge Well-Known Member

I am running powerAMP too, does the DSL thiggy work on your connect?

If it worked on mine, i would be more happy with PowerAMP. I do like it right now.

Not a suggestion i know, but i was just wondering.
  3. airtioteclint

airtioteclint Well-Known Member

For me being able to change songs from the lock screen is a top priority. I tried a few and settled on mixing. I'm still holding out on a player that let's me control it with the volume rocker but there doesn't seem to be one available for that.
  4. OrKo

OrKo Well-Known Member

I use the stock music player, it cuts down on having more than 2 players on your device. My only problem is I that no matter which player I use/used my playlists will magically diss and re appear.
  5. flboy91

everything works fine on Power Amp for me... i really like it sound i bought the full version... it has good bass and clear sound... jus wanted to know if there was a better player because im not too fond of the look of it.... i was looking at the MIUI player but all the download links have been taken down... i Got some Beats headphones on the way... axious to see how theyll sound along side a good player:D
  6. VeNoMzRevenge

You are on stock rom?

Oh and i meant to say DVC, does the DIrect Volume Control work on yours?

It just randomly makes everything louder for me. Even when i try to lower it. In order to get any sound to not just raise and drop, i have to turn this off.
  7. flboy91

o shit my b... yeah mine does do this... like it randomly volumes up out of no where... i can have my volume almost off and it will shoot up out of no where but my volume will still say that its turned down.... creepy... :confused::eek:
  8. flboy91

Does Beats Audio Zip work on Google music too or just wen I'm using my Reg Music player???
  9. carolcityboyz

carolcityboyz Well-Known Member

I'm a microsoft fan so I use zPlayer for music on my sd card, and google music for those songs I need for that moment like young jeezy - win. lol durcant and westbrick
  10. OrKo

OrKo Well-Known Member

Mixzing is a good one as well, I've used it on my previous androids.
    And the beats zip should work on all players, I'm pretty sure that feature is added to the phone itself not just certain players.
    flboy91 likes this.
  11. flboy91

Ok alright thanx peepz
  12. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

I have used poweramp (paid) for two years.
    I immediately remove the stock players when I root my new phones and make poweramp a system app. Worked on my ascend, admire, m835, optimus and attain flawlessly.
    And it's got everything I need.
  13. VeNoMzRevenge

By flawless, does the DVC work properly on those devices? I am a bit disappointed that I am having problems with DVC.

Edit: le sigh, I get force closes with doing that.
  14. Tokenpoke

Only had a connect for a day but i havent had an issue with dvc.... It seems to actually be the audio focus that makes the volume spike, it only goes funny after an audio event like typing or incoming notifications
    VeNoMzRevenge likes this.
  15. VeNoMzRevenge

Thanks for that, I unchecked short audio focus and permanent and the volume spike issue is over. I thought the volume increase spikes were related to the DVC, because unchecking that would solve that issue for me, while lowering the overall sound increase i got with DVC on.
  16. xblabberx

xblabberx Well-Known Member

I dig mspot. You can stream from their cloud that you upload all your music to, has a lockscreen widget I believe, and you can listen to all your music from their cloud via your computer browser if you want to as well. First 5gb on cloud is free.
    myshkin likes this.
  17. myshkin

myshkin Well-Known Member

I use neutron player paid, so I can remove the stock music player? As in un install or freeze?
  18. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Dont know about the Connect but on the Esteem the stock music player is tied into Bluetooth. If you remove it it breaks bluetooth
    myshkin likes this.
  19. myshkin

A really good thing I love about this site is you get such good tips from other people. I had just wiped my entire sd card and was about to put my music back on (a ton) when I remembered this post. I tried out mspot and I have to admit it's really great. I absolutely love it. The only thing it doesn't do is upload songs I got from imesh, but my own cds. no problem! Thanks!
  20. VeNoMzRevenge

TokenPoke, if i may ask you a question.

I am still having DVC problems on the Broken out rom, you don't have issues with volume with it do you? THe previous method only worked for 5 min.

Do you use PowerAmp on stock? Have you? If you have, does the DVC work. GOing to stock anyway to test. Don't know exactly whats going on.
  21. carlosd24

carlosd24 Active Member

I'm experiencing a similar problem with PowerAMP

When I'm on lock screen and I try to use the volume rocker to adjust the volume, the audio fades for about two seconds, and then it shoots up.

This only happens when I have DVC on.
  22. Tokenpoke

I haven't changed settings, gimme a few minutes and I will have a video wit a tour of my poweramp.

Edit*

I haven't turned dvc on till just now, audio focus still whacks out. :(
    VeNoMzRevenge likes this.
  23. myshkin

oh, btw, I did away with mspot. to use that you have to download imesh on your computer and it is full of malware and it puts all sorts of crap on your computer, toolbars and stuff that even my nortons can't even block. I put a malwarbytes by anti-malware on to get rid of all of it after uninstalling imesh. what a problem that one program turned out to be.

anna
  24. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Looking for a good music player download jet audio plus yes you have to pay but it is stacked with goodies echo and its loud , and it has my favorite cross fading this thing is hot
  25. Super2cool

Super2cool Member

If you want to save battery then the stock player will be your best choice. However, if you care about sound quality then PowerAmp is the best..

There is no doubt about it.